Diageo Africa operates in over 40 markets across Africa through various business models including publicly quoted companies, joint ventures & licensed brewing entities. We produce & distribute premium drinks from right across the Diageo portfolio such as Guinness, Johnnie Walker and Smirnoff. We are also home to growing local brands which include our Malt beverages such as Malta Guinness & Alvaro and exciting new innovations like as Foundry cider.
With over 4500 employees working across Supply & Demand we put a significant investment behind our people agenda to ensure that Africa is truly Best Place to Be. We are also proud of the contributions we make in the communities in which we operate both economically and socially, for example our commitment to provide safe access to drinking water to 1million people each year.
Job Title: Graduate Sales
Reporting Location Nigeria
Business Unit Guinness Nigeria
Application Deadline: August 31, 2012
On the Pan Africa Graduate programme our ‘real job’ philosophy ensures you will benefit from authentic experiences designed to accelerate your career development. You will build your expertise and knowledge by completing three 12-month rotations within your chosen discipline and there will be opportunities to spend one of these rotations in a different African market.
Diageo believes that marketing means being passionate about our customers – understanding them is the only way to promote our brands effectively. So during the first year of your development programme you will be immersed in Diageo’s sales process. You’ll spend time in a field sales role, building relationships with our partners and working with customers to maximise sales. Your challenge will be to help make sure our brands are successfully promoted, readily available and well presented to anyone who wants to buy them. The work is challenging, diverse and exciting. At the end of your first year, you will have an opportunity to review your performance and aspirations so you can decide whether you want to take on a bigger sales role or move into brand marketing
Support and Development
The three-year programme includes both functional training and leadership development. Functional training helps you gain the skills, knowledge and experience that will form the foundation of your career with Diageo. Meanwhile, we help you build your leadership expertise so you can encourage thinking, stimulate people and drive change.
There will be opportunities for you to explore other avenues for development at regular reviews with your line manager. In addition, there are ‘connect and development’ events each year, which will help you raise your profile in the company and learn from some of our most experienced leaders.
Essential qualifications and qualities
We are looking for graduates with:
- Minimum of Second Class (Upper Division) or Equivalent, with an excellent academic record. Although your degree discipline is not significant, you will need to have a real interest in sales and marketing and being genuinely excited about the opportunity to work in these fields.
- No more than two (2) years post NYSC experience
- Talented , ambitious , enthusiastic people who are striving to be the best
- Great energy, drive and can-do attitude
- Great interpersonal skills and team player
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written
- Diageo focus – understands our values and is passionate for what we stand for
- Forward thinking, solution focused and great appetite for learning
- Commercial acumen
- Leadership qualities – ability to influence
- You must be excited about joining a dynamic, fast paced world leading business and delivering great results right from the start. You should also be mobile and open to opportunities to work across Africa or other Diageo markets.
Learn more and Apply