Guinness Nigeria, a subsidiary of the prestigious Diageo Plc of the United Kingdom, was incorporated in 1962 with the building of a brewery in Ikeja, the heart of Lagos, Guiness Nigeria is recruiting for a Procurement Category Manager.
As Guinness Nigeria undertakes the journey towards D2011, the Procurement Function within Guinness is clearly recognised as being a key enabler for our Company.
To successfully deliver the requisite step-change level of Functional performance expected by the wider business, Procurement now requires significant up-skilling using best local (both internal and externally-recruited) talent and expertise, with a targeted-objective to be benchmarked on a par with peers across Diageo Europe/North America within the next two years (currently ranked best in Africa Region).
- Create, develop and recommend strategic options, across geographical and business cultural boundaries, and working with dispersed teams (both Nigeria and London-based) to finalise, agree, and implement category strategies.
- Brilliant execution of the Category Management and Supplier Performance Management process using the LOOP, leading and securing stakeholder approvals at GATE meetings using presentations of a very high standard and capable of withstanding considerable scrutiny from senior Exec-level stakeholders to make very important decisions regarding the routes our business will take to create value and achieve our Mission.
Purpose of Role:
- Responsible for the development of stretching category strategies that clearly deliver our Procurement Functional Value agenda of Assure, Protect and Create for all areas of the business.
- To embed E-procurement in Guinness Nigeria.
- Responsible for coaching and development of Supplier Performance managers to achieve required supplier capability to achieve D2011 objectives.
- There will be occasional requirements for national, regional-hub (Cameroun/Ghana) and international (UK) travel.
- This role will closely support the Portfolio Managers and Head of Procurement in driving the Procurement Function to Destination 2011, acting as a key member of the team by leading the team’s robust application of key category management tools such as the LOOP, supply chain analysis and business needs analysis.
- Implementation of HoP-designated key projects through effective project management, utilising appropriate e-procurement tools to maximise speed, efficiency and drive of benefits e.g. e-RFI’s e-RFP’s, e-auctions, spend analysis.
Qualifications and Experience:
- University Degree in any commercially biased-discipline, with proven relevant 7+ years post-qualification – including some quality procurement-functional experience within a forward thinking, fast-paced and value-adding blue-chip FMCG environment.
- Professional procurement qualification desirable (CIPS/ISM/MBA), and capable of rapidly developing full understanding of world-class Procurement systems and practices, including all Diageo Category Management processes and associated tools.
- Strong IT skills base, including intermediate proficiency in Office applications.
- Previous experience of working within or closely with an FMCG Procurement Function (prior SAP experience an advantage) for an extended period.
- Strong communication skills evident in the ability to work in a team environment and build great relationships with stakeholders, suppliers and end users.
Please note the following: Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
Deadline for this job is 20th August 2009.
To apply online click on the link below. Click on ‘Search & Apply’; Select ‘Search Openings’ and enter the reference number 20334BR in the keyword field.
Apply for this Job here