We are Guinness Nigeria, member of Diageo Plc the world’s leading premium drinks business with an unrivalled collection of beverage alcohol & non-alcohol brands across the Spirits, Wine & Beer categories.
Guinness Nigeria operates a Total Beverage Business (TBB). A key contributor to the success of the GNPLC strategic plan is an effective & flexible field sales force demonstrating industry leadership in both volume driving & brand building activity. We put the customer at the heart of everything we do, and through this, will deliver sustained, mutual growth for our brands, categories, customers and partners. Will you partner with us on this journey?
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Graduate Finance Programme
Who we are and what we offer!
- We want you to jump straight in to your new role, ready to take the bull by the horns. We’ll introduce you to the reality of the business world from day one, you’ll have real responsibilities and an immediate opportunity to be part of our business success.
- We want you to act like an owner of Diageo, always looking to seize an opportunity. You’ll demonstrate an aspiration to progress as well a willingness to challenge the status quo in pursuit of performance.
- Throughout the programme, you’ll demonstrate your judgement, drive and influence in all that you do.
- You will interact with senior leaders and other graduates across the world to inspire you and help you develop.
- Best of all, we promise to give you the freedom to showcase your ideas and initiatives and give you the room to grow.
- You will bring your passion, individuality and creativity, and seek opportunities to drive business growth through team work.
- We were built by people of extraordinary character like Arthur Guinness, Alexander Walker and Charles Tanqueray. You will stand on the shoulders of these giants and like them, you&’ll have a chance to leave a legacy.
How our programme works:
- Our programme is a three year adventure with Diageo during which you’ll find yourself challenged and inspired to reach your full potential.â€‹
- You’ll be introduced to many of our Diageo leaders in different countries so you can see the differences – and the similarities -; in how we operate around the world.
- We’ll introduce you to global networks so you can experience different cultures and make new friends and professional connections.
- Plus, if you want it, there may even be an opportunity to live and work abroad so you can experience first-hand what it’s like to live and work in another country.
- We encourage you to apply where your true passion is.
- But whichever are you join us in you’ll find we employ the same approach to your development, providing you with two to three rotations within your chosen programme over three years.
The Finance Graduate Programme
- Finance is about having the right information at the right time and using it to expand and develop the business.
- Working in this function you will learn how to identify the wider opportunities that lie behind the figures.
- We’ll give you a real job with real accountabilities so you’ll always have an opportunity to make a genuine contribution to our business.
Make a Difference:
- You will help us plan where and when to market our premium brands, and whether to launch new products or campaigns. Your analysis will allow us to make informed decisions on when to push for even greater sales. Your predictions of risk versus potential reward will help us to decide whether or not to pursue an opportunity.
- Over the course of your three year graduate programme with us, you’ll learn and grow from broad and varied experiences. You’ll drive your own development and it will be up to you to seek out opportunities to gain experience in a variety of areas. These will range from preparing and maintaining accounting records, statutory and regulatory reporting, planning, budgeting and forecasting, risk management and business assurance, management reporting for decision making, project and activity appraisal, working capital and project management.
- Our finance graduates in Nigeria will have the opportunity to spend a year in Sales where you will gain invaluable first-hand experience of the commercial side of our business.
The key ingredients we want you to have:
- We’re looking for graduates who not only have the capability to succeed in our organisation today but also have the potential to be our leaders of tomorrow. It’s important that you share our Values.
- We are looking for someone who is committed to the role and Diageo from day one. Full of energy, enthusiasm and optimism in everything you do.
In addition to the behaviours we’ve outlined above we have a few basic requirements for entry:
- A minimum Bachelor 2.1 academic degree or upper credit HND
- Fluency in English
- Excellent numerical & analytical ability
- Fluency in the relevant language to the market you are applying
- Right to work in your market of application
- valid driver’s license
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Please note you may be based in any of our geographic regions and we therefore require you to be mobile and willing to potentially relocate for the role