We are Guinness Nigeria, member of Diageo Plc the world’s leading premium drinks business with an unrivalled collection of beverage alcohol & non-alcohol brands across the Spirits, Wine & Beer categories.
Guinness Nigeria operates a Total Beverage Business (TBB). A key contributor to the success of the GNPLC strategic plan is an effective & flexible field sales force demonstrating industry leadership in both volume driving & brand building activity. We put the customer at the heart of everything we do, and through this, will deliver sustained, mutual growth for our brands, categories, customers and partners. Will you partner with us on this journey?
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Graduate Human Resources Programme
Business Unit: Guinness Nigeria
Who we are and what we offer!
- We want you to jump straight in to your new role, ready to take the bull by the horns. We’ll introduce you to the reality of the business world from day one, you’ll have real responsibilities and an immediate opportunity to be part of our business success.
- We want you to act like an owner of Diageo, always looking to seize an opportunity.
- You’ll demonstrate an aspiration to progress as well a willingness to challenge the status quo in pursuit of performance.
- Throughout the programme, you’ll demonstrate your judgement, drive and influence in all that you do. You will interact with senior leaders and other graduates across the world to inspire you and help you develop.
- Best of all, we promise to give you the freedom to showcase your ideas and initiatives and give you the room to grow.
- You will bring your passion, individuality and creativity, and seek opportunities to drive business growth through team work.
- We were built by people of extraordinary character like Arthur Guinness, Alexander Walker and Charles Tanqueray.
- You will stand on the shoulders of these giants and like them, you’ll have a chance to leave a legacy.
How our programme works:
- Our programme is a three year adventure with Diageo during which you’ll find yourself challenged and inspired to reach your full potential. You’ll be introduced to many of our Diageo leaders in different countries so you can see the differences – and the similarities – in how we operate around the world.
- We’ll introduce you to global networks so you can experience different cultures and make new friends and professional connections.
- Plus, if you want it, there may even be an opportunity to live and work abroad so you can experience first-hand what it’s like to live and work in another country.
We encourage you to apply where your true passion is. But whichever are you join us in you’ll find we employ the same approach to your development, providing you with two to three rotations within your chosen programme over three years.
The Human Resources Graduate Programme
- More than 33,000 talented people work across the globe for Diageo.
- They are our biggest asset and the heart of our organisation. Our job in HR is to create an environment for our employees that inspires them to do the best work of their lives.
- At Diageo HR acts as performance partner to the business, playing an important role in the professional lives of our employees. You’ll use your skills to keep them inspired, engaged, driven and full of energy to fulfil their roles.
- During your three year programme, in addition to leadership development, you’ll gain broad experience within your functional discipline, and you will be given the chance to realise your potential in a specialist area within HR.
- You will also have the opportunity to experience the commercial side of our business first-hand with a rotation in the Sales function.
The key ingredients we want you to have:
- We’re looking for graduates who not only have the capability to succeed in our organisation today but also have the potential to be our leaders of tomorrow. It’s important that you share our Values.
- We are looking for someone who is committed to the role and Diageo from day one. Full of energy, enthusiasm and optimism in everything you do.
In addition to the behaviours we’ve outlined above we have a few basic requirements for entry:
- A minimum Bachelor 2.1 academic degree or upper credit HND
- Fluency in English
- Excellent numerical & analytical ability
- Fluency in the relevant language to the market you are applying
- Right to work in your market of application
- Valid driver’s license
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: you may be based in any of our geographic regions and we therefore require you to be mobile and willing to potentially relocate for the role.