Guiness Nigeria Plc – We are Guinness Nigeria, member of Diageo Plc the world’s leading premium drinks business with an unrivalled collection of beverage alcohol & non-alcohol brands across the Spirits, Wine & Beer categories.
The Talent Research and Acquisition team ensures the best senior-level talent is available to the business when and where needed. Talent Researchers, dedicated to a particular geography and business group, are responsible for filling immediate vacancies and building pipelines of candidates for future roles through direct sourcing techniques, and occasionally partnerships with external suppliers.
we are recruiting for the position of:
Job Title: Talent Research Manager, West Africa (Nigeria & Ghana)
Function: Human Resources
Type of Job: Full Time – Exempt
Level: Level 5
Reports To: Head of Talent Acquisition, Africa
The role primarily focuses on the businesses in Nigeria and Ghana, and builds a rapid pipeline of talent to fill immediate and future vacancies, to support Diageo’s growth across Africa. This role will be responsible for sourcing for a broad range of roles, including sales, marketing, supply chain and business support. Focus is on senior level positions ; however talent mapping and pipelining activities may also be carried out at more junior levels.
The incumbent will need to build strong relationships with multiple stakeholders in the different businesses including hiring managers, HR business partners, reward teams and co-ordination teams to ensure flawless process execution.
- Pre-screening – pre-screen external talent to build ‘long list’ of candidates for hiring managers to interview
- Talent Pools – through effective use of appropriate sourcing channels, build external talent pipelines for current and future vacancies/talent gaps (direct headhunting, social networking, talent mapping, on-line recruitment etc)
- 3rd Party Management – Set up effective relationships with and work with recruitment agencies in the region
- Team Cooperation – work effectively and efficiently with the rest of the remote global research team to deliver high calibre “long lists” of candidates to ensure the best talent being appointed into roles at Diageo in the shortest possible time
- Minimum 5 years experience as an Executive Recruiter/ Talent Researcher
- Knowledge of West African markets is an added advantage
- Strong knowledge of best practice proactive resourcing methodology
- Excellent relationship building and influencing skills
- Understanding of market trends and ability to use these to define innovative sourcing strategies
- Ability to use modern technologies and social media platforms in talent attraction processes, such as Linkedin recruiter, Twitter and Facebook.
Barriers to Success in Role:
- Lack of understanding of research techniques
- Lack of responsiveness and urgency
Application Closing Date:
8th November, 2012
How To Apply:
Interested candidates should