Posted on :
11 Jul, 2011
11 Jul, 2011
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) saves lives and improves health, especially among the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people, by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. We live our mission to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
The LMS Prevention Organizational Systems AIDS Care and Treatment Project (Pro-ACT) is a USAID-funded project managed by Management Sciences for Health (MSH). The goal of the project is to build the capacity of Nigeria’s public/private institutions and communities to strengthen sustainable systems for HIV/AIDS and TB service delivery.
Job ID: 12-4199
Job Title: HIV Prevention Specialist
The objective of the HPS position will be to provide leadership to the state program in building a network of effective gender-sensitive, targeted HIV prevention services in catchment communities around CCT and satellite PHC health facilities. (Abstinence Be Faithful (AB) and other prevention programs, demand creation for HCT, care and treatment ) creating synergies with the clinical care programs and the work being done by PLWHA
– Provide technical input in the development of an integrated Pro-ACT project state plan in collaboration with the Directors, Advisors and State Teams.
– Together with the Community and Clinical Services Specialists, take lead in the establishment of the community HIV Prevention services
– Be the champion for gender-based programming and implementation in the state
– Take lead in building the capacity of Community Service Providers (CBOs, PLWHA, volunteers etc) ) in HIV prevention and communication for effective behavior change.
– Ensure provision of technical, financial, M&E and administrative support to the CSOs implementing small grants so they achieve desired project goals.
– Liaise with the M&E Specialist to ensure HIV prevention components of the M&E system are functionalized. (clarity of indicators, M&E data tools, data quality audits, reporting etc)
– Program the efficient deployment and utilization of prevention resources (bus, video equipment, printed materials etc)
– Take responsibility for proper distribution of prevention materials (printed materials, condoms etc)
– Participate in activities to extend/expand the Pro-ACT project to other LGAs and States.
– Represent MSH Pro-ACT project at the state level on matters of community HIV prevention.
– Network with other State Government, CSO and community partners in the State to build synergies with other community HIV programs that reinforce behavior change.
– Document programmatic achievements and keep the State Team Leader informed on monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
– A postgraduate degree in health education and health promotion or related field
– Minimum 5 years proven experience in programming and management of HIV/AIDS/TB prevention programs at a senior level
– At least 2-year experience in the design and implementation of IEC/BCC programs is a must
– Demonstrable experience in developing health education materials
– Ability to use standard computer and software applications: Advanced MS Word, Advanced Power Point, Advanced MS Publisher
– The ideal candidate must have a great deal of initiative and integrity, an understanding and/or interest in the work of LMS, and a balance of creative, technical, and interpersonal skills
Location: Kebbi State