Apata & Ascott Limited is currently seeking to employ suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of
Job Title: Hotel Operations Manager
- Fully responsible for all aspects of daily operations in the hotel.
- To host and facilitate Morning Meetings ensuring all relevant HOD’s are prepared for the day ahead.
- Support and work with all Head of Departments in all aspects of running the hotel.
- Ensure the premises are in operative condition as per category of the unit to receive & serve the guests.
- Drafting weekly work Rota, shifts, assignments and be fully responsible in covering lapses and absenteeism.
- Conduct regular operations team meeting with all HOD daily/weekly to discuss routine operational matters, sales targets, guest’s feedbacks and action taken for service recovery, and also any staff issues. Minutes of the meeting to be sent to GM/RGM.
- Ensure SOP implementation in all departments and check the same during routine operational checks. Consultant/GRM guidance to be taken wherever required.
- To complete daily inspection of all hotel facilities ensuring a checklist is completed.
- Monitor the purchase/indent/requisitions of each department, the accounts receivable (collection from debtors) and the accounts payable (payable to the vendors/suppliers etc).
- Inspect stores (F & B / Kitchen) to check the stock in hand (quality, per stock levels, expiry etc) with the F & B Manager & Chef.
- Dealing with Suppliers/Vendors for quality products involving Purchase Manager and providing performance assessment of vendors every quarter.
- Inspecting all departments for SOP implementation.
- Inspecting all departments with their respective Manager’s for cleanliness, ambience, service readiness, staff grooming & hospitality culture.
- Monitor the co-ordination between all departments for smooth & efficient operations.
- Assessing and reviewing customer satisfaction and service recovery process.
- Meet all dept. heads to review & train the staff to upkeep the human capital.
- Identifying staff learning needs and assisting with development.
- Providing timely and constructive feedback to all direct reports as and when required either formally or informally.
- Monitor and maintain operation & overhead cost in order to maintain maximum revenue to the organization.
- To deal with complaints quickly and efficiently and find suitable solutions to any problems that may arise, communicating issues to the GM and colleagues in a constructive and clear manner.
- Be available on call to resolve any urgent problems or emergencies.
- To liaise well with all departments, ensuring that communication of the day’s activity is clear and understood.
- Responsible for the overall management of the operation of the hotel.
- To make sure that Company policy and the Vision are followed at all times.
- Any other duties assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree or Higher Diploma in Hospitality Management or other related field.
- Computer Knowledge- MS office and experienced in Property Management Software.
- Minimum 3 years work experience in a 2 to 4 Star Hotel as a Deputy Manager, Asst. Operations Manager or Hotel Manager.
- Excellent communication and customer friendly skills.
- Self-motivated, well organized, multi-tasking and social media savvy.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should forward their up to date CV’s & application letter to:[email protected]