MTN Nigeria is part of the MTN Group, Africa’s leading cellular telecommunications company. it currently recruits a Human Resources Advisor (Immigration) to be based in Lagos Nigeria, he or she will report directly to the Employee Services Manager
- Establish and administer immigration processing including issuance of work permits to new expatriates after confirming that all statutory and administrative requirements relating to resident permits, temporary work permits, alien registration cards have been met by relevant/respective MTN employees.
- Advice MTNN on new immigration related legislation; interpret impact on MTNN & make recommendations on necessary actions as required.
- Develop and maintain standard immigration policies, process and procedures for MTNN in consultation with the line Manager
- Ensure periodic reconciliation of expatriate quota with the Nigeria Immigration Authorities
- Manage expatriate quota positions by ensuring that expatriate quotas are renewed as and at when due
- Liaise with the Nigerian Immigration Authorities on extension of expired temporary work permits
- Liaise with the Nigerian Immigration Authorities for the processing of certified residence permit and alien cards, (CERPAC) residence Permits and multiple re-entry visas for MTNN expatriates
- Ensure excellent performance and quality service delivery, maintaining strong internal and external relationships
- Assign appropriate responsibilities to subordinates and carry-out proper supervision to ensure accuracy.
- Ensure monthly returns of expatriate quota to Nigerian Immigration Authorities
Visa Application Processing
- Evaluate information received for visa applications and thoroughly review all accompanying documentation in order to determine the suitability/compliance of the applicant with the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Ensure customers are kept informed of any developments relating to visa queries
- Ensure monitoring and tracking of expatriate visas and expiring periods
- Manage processing of visa applications and visa renewal for MTNN staff traveling for business purposes e.g. trainings
- Provide advice/assistance to MTNN staff regarding passport applications and renewals
- Manage cash advance, disbursement and reconciliations
- Manage sensitive relationships with top officials in the Immigration office and High Commissions/Embassies
- Maintain cordial relationships and goodwill with the Nigerian Immigration Authorities and other stakeholders such as the Federal Ministry of Internal Affairs
- Manage customer workflow queues within pre defined timescales, prioritizing effectively when necessary.
Domestic travel. Minimum qualification is 2.2 or equivalent
4 years experience comprising:
- 2 years in immigration and emigration, passport and documentation management
- 2 years in a supervisory role
A first degree in any field. A degree in foreign or international relations or any related discipline would be an added advantage Knowledge of Immigration Acts & Manual and ability to interpret immigration laws
This Job position expires on 1st october 2009