HYT Consulting – Our client is a multinational FMCG and a fast growing producers/manufacturer of various types of goods. As a result of business expansion and capacity building, unique career opportunities exist in the organization for highly competent and self-motivated professionals; the company is looking to fill the vacant position:
Job Title: Production Manager
Report To: General Manager
Responsible for planning, coordination and control of manufacturing processes. To ensure that goods are produced efficiently and that the correct amount is produced at the right cost and level of quality.
Duties & Responsibilities
- overseeing the production process, drawing up a production schedule;
- ensuring that the production is cost effective;
- making sure that products are produced on time and are of good quality;
- working out the human and material resources needed;
- drafting a timescale for the job;
- estimating costs and setting the quality standards;
- monitoring the production processes and adjusting schedules as needed;
- responsible for the selection and maintenance of equipment;
- monitoring product standards and implementing quality-control programmes;
- liaising among different departments, e.g. suppliers, managers;
- working with managers to implement the company’s policies and goals;
- ensuring that health and safety guidelines are followed;
- supervising and motivating team of workers;
- reviewing worker performance.
Qualifications and Experience
- B.Sc or HND Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related Discipline
- 8 years of experience in FMCG preferably food manufacturing company
- Registered Mechanical or Electrical Engineer.
- Experience in FMCG industry with, key issues, trends and development.
- Strong knowledge of the local and international food manufacturing industry.
- Verbal and written communication skills, presentation skills and the ability to influence others
- Ability to think strategically and holistically and to appreciate the systematic impact of various policies, issues and solutions
- Good planning, Organizational and reporting skills
- Strong ability to motivate teams and individuals
- Competent in the use of computers to enhance work performance,
- Self-motivated, diligent, and enthusiastic with a strong business orientation
Application Closing Date
7th May, 2013
Method of Application
Interested qualified candidates should send their updated CVs to:[email protected] with the position you are applying for.