Hamilton Lloyd and Associates – Our client is a leading Logistic Service Provider Company. Due to internal expansion processes, they have decided to hire the services of:
Job Title: Infrastructure Engineer
Report To: Infrastructure Manager
- As an Infrastructure Engineer role will be to ensure sound delivery of technical services for new and existing users.
- You will be part of a team supporting a Windows environment that delivers hosted services to our users across our locations.
- You will tackle challenging, unique situations every day and work with other functions and employees.
- You will be looked upon as a subject matter expert and advocate to fellow team members on making reliable technical decisions around supporting and deploying large- scale services and engineering complex systems that run some of our customer’s business critical systems.
- The successful candidate for this role will have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, experience in integrating multi technology platforms and brands of product, solid communication skills and a desire to tackle the complex problems of scale which are unique.
- You will be providing a mixture of preventative support as well as integration activity around Windows Server environment, VMWare, Hyper-V and more.
- Infrastructure Engineer will also be working in a fast-pace environment driving performance and reliability from software, infrastructure and cloud environments.
- Maintain and monitor all network, security and computer systems to meet the organization’s current and future requirements
- Responsible for management, maintenance and architecture of storage, virtualised environment, servers, network devices, and productivity tools
- Work with various vendors and service providers to ensure productive environment
- Resolve issues and prepare status reviews and reports
- Professionally represent the infrastructure team as a technical consultant on projects.
- Maintain the necessary project plans and documentation of all system builds and modifications
- Interact and coordinate with vendors, suppliers, distributors and contract consultants
- Maintain a good working knowledge of current infrastructure and future trends
- Maintain good working relationships with all service providers and vendor to ensure that services received meet expected requirements of contract
- Monitor systems and identify performance issues proactively
- Work within strict time frames and elevate incidents within defined timeframes
- Test all changes to networks, hardware, software, and hosted applications
- Cater to doing infrastructure coordination related to design and setup activities at different stages of a project
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Solid technical background in a hosted services environment including infrastructure networks, hardware, software and telecommunications
- Experience with incident ticketing systems, workstation management systems and desktop imaging. Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange and SQL Server
- Good knowledge of security as it relates to cloud based infrastructure
- Knowledge of ITIL and industry best practices
- Strong virtualization experience using Hyper-V, VM Ware.
- Proven ability to work in a cloud based or hosting environment
- Proven track record with hosted desktop and published applications
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with third party service providers and vendors
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience using automated monitoring tools
- Ability to identify incident trends in order to elevate incidents in accordance with standard protocols
- Able to gather relevant information systematically to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Good analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Good attention to detail, testing and documentation
Education and Experience:
- Tertiary degree in Computer Science or related areas an advantage
- Minimum Working Experience: 5 – 8years of relevant experience
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s to: [email protected]kindly make the subject of the mail the job title
Note: Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 27th May, 2016.