Posted on :
30 May, 2012
30 May, 2012
Description: A vehicular tracking company is looking for an Installation and Support Technician. The Installation and Service Technician is responsible for installing new equipment, training customers on the use of the equipment and resolving service requests.
1. Installing GPS hardware and software for customers.
2. Reconfiguring software upon customer request
3. Training customers on the use of the hardware/software
4. Responding to service calls from customers and resolving issues with hardware and/or software malfunctions and errors
5. Triage service requests and utilizing additional resources as needed based on expertise required or workload demands
6. Coordinating installation for ABC and managing the schedule of pending installations/training utilizing additional resources as needed based on expertise required or workload demands
7. Submitting documentation to the Office Administrator for billing
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Employment Type: Full Time
Supportive Job Functions:
1. Cross-selling additional product to customers (identifying the opportunity at a high level and passing the lead to the salesperson for follow up)
2. Performs other duties as assigned by management.
In-depth knowledge of hardware and software used in the tracking Industry such as GPS, GSM, and fleet Applications.
Must have advanced technical skills in hardware vehicle installations and wirings
Experienced with using various electronic test equipment
Self-starter with strong commitment to customer service
Ability to effectively interace with customersa
Excellent PC Skills with MS Office applications
Ability to work under pressure and to be extremely resourceful in solving problems
Highly organized with a strong attention to detail
Able to manage competing priorities and to make judgment calls on high vs low prioritiy issues
Naturally inquisitive and enjoys learning new technology
Ability to speak comfortably in front of 10 – 15 customers in a classroom training environment
Education and Experience:
2 or 4 year college degree in a technical discipline
5 years progressive experience installing and troubleshooting hardware and software solutions
Intuitive sense of how to work with hardware and software solutions
Method of Application:
Send copies of CV and qualifications to [email protected]