Guinness Nigeria Plc (GNPLC) is one of the largest listed companies in Nigeria. It produces markets and sells alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages in Nigeria. It is a subsidiary of Diageo Plc, the global alcoholic drinks company.
Guinness Nigeria Plc is recruiting
Job Title: Internal Audit Manager
Type of Job: Full Time
Level: L5 (M2)
Reports To: Business Audit and Risk Manager
The Business audit aims to help management with a proactive self-regulatory risk assurance to support the achievement of the highest standards of corporate governance in relation to any risk that could significantly enhance or impede our ability to achieve current or future business objectives.
The Business Audit Manager will drive the real time day-to-day quality assurance that will guarantee the highest quality of business risk management and control within Guinness Nigeria.
Business audit is a part of GN’s Finance function and therefore contribute to the delivery of the overall functional performance promise.
In helping Guinness Nigeria achieve the highest standard of corporate governance, much of Business audit’s work is aimed at ensuring the quality and accuracy of Diageo’s business performance and financial reporting.
b) Market Complexity
The role, which is based in Guinness Nigeria Plc, Lagos, provides a company-wide business audit service to the business functions in Guinness Nigeria.
Guinness Nigeria has Brewery operations in Lagos, Benin and Aba with depots in various locations within Nigeria.
c) Leadership Responsibilities
The role is expected to embody the Diageo leadership capabilities.
The role holder will be expected to work in a variety of team situations as well as be able to deliver work on his/her own.
Purpose of Role
The primary focus of this role is to support the IMC executive management in providing assurance on the effectiveness of risk management and control procedures across the business, highlighting and resolving any particular risk areas.
Specifically, this will include:
- Use a thorough understanding of the business processes, expected controls and risks, to undertake activities, which maintain shareholder value and mitigate against risk.
- Driving the development of risk identification and evaluation strategies that deliver long-lasting benefits to the organisation and support its continued drive for success.
- Passionate commitment to engaging in the creation and maintenance of sustainable, mutually beneficial internal and external relationship.
Top 3-5 Accountabilities
- Deliver risk and performance effectiveness audits that provide assurance on the effectiveness of risk management and control procedures.
- Undertake business audit or develop design reviews with management to help improve management’s response to a particular risk or risk area.
- Contribute to other sources of assurance such as facilitating project teams through risk footprints and mitigation activities; following up on part audits or design reviews or supporting Diageo’s response to the Sarbanes Oxley requirements through the CARM programme.
Qualifications and Experience Required
Role requires qualified Accountant and/or MBA, or professional qualification with minimum 7 years work experience in a multinational corporate environment including FMCG industry on related business issues such as brand management or brand financial management, production, logistics; Risk management techniques; Internal / external audit experience; Business consulting; Information systems.
Barriers to Success in Role
Inability to travel on business visits to our various locations or to work in changing teams and locations.