Posted on :
15 May, 2012
An investment research firm in Lagos seeks to immediately hire an Equity Research Assistant. This is an excellent opportunity to LEARN and GROW in a small firm for a bright recent grad with either financial internships during college or one-two years maximum of relevant financial experience.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
– Collect data, summarize notes
– Assist with reporting in Excel
– Handle requests from the Head of Research and an Analyst
– Call Portfolio Managers, CSCS, to get information; compile information
– Special projects as necessary
– Provide support by performing market analysis
– Monitor company/sector news and events and perform other related duties as assigned
– Prepare a weekly stock market report (involves writing) with ample data analysis
– Minimum of a 4-year degree with a second class upper in Economics, Finance, Accounting or Mathematics only! Must have completed NYSC in November 2011 or February 2012 batches only!
– Either financial internships during school or 1-2 years of relevant financial experience
– Some knowledge of finance
— Strong writing, communication, and analytical skills
– Very strong computer skills, especially on Excel
– Significant experience with Excel
Very intelligent, humble, hardworking and committed to a career in Equity Research
– For the right candidate, this role could lead to growth into an Analyst role down the road.
A cover letter and CV with the job title as the subject should be sent to [email protected]
Applications without cover letters will be immediately deleted; applicants are forewarned.