Laplace Telecoms Academy, an arm of Laplace Technologies Limited was formally founded in 2011 to provide top of range practical, engaging and skill-oriented Telecoms and IT training solutions. The academy is leveraging on the established reputation of the parent company in the area of Telecoms Engineering Services.
RADIO NETWORK PLANNING & OPTIMIZATION COURSE WEEKEND CLASSES.
The weekend Classes resumes on the 2nd of June. The duration of the course is 5 weekends.
RADIO NETWORK PLANNING & OPTIMIZATION CURRICULUM CLASS.
RNPO class is a course for those who seek to build a career as a Network Planning & Optimization Engineer.
It will give you the required foundation and mid level skills necessary to start off as a Network Planning & Optimization Engineer.
- Module 1: Introduction to Telecommunications: Telecommunications in Today’s Industry, Evolution of Mobile Communication.
- Module 2: Second Generation Mobile Networks: GSM network Architecture and Functions, Radio channel management, Radio cell and wave propagation.
- Module 3: Radio Network Planning Process: Site planning; Site simulation and modeling Site survey and validation, Coverage and Capacity planning.
- Module 4: Technical site survey; Simulation of Greenfield surveys, Site Audit and Site report writing; Use of SAF forms and site survey software.
- Module 5: Interference Theory and Frequency Planning: Theory of interference; Frequency Spectrum allocation; Frequency Planning and Re-Use pattern; Frequency hopping.
- Module 6: Network Systems information and Parameter Planning: Network Identity parameters; System control Parameter; Cell data parameters; Network Function parameters.
- Module7: Radio Network optimization and Quality of service: RNO process flow, KPI definitions;
Interference, Call drop, Call setup, Handover; Congestion, RNO methods Drive test and call Quality test, RNO Case studies.
Cost of Training is 120,000 Naira only.
Cost covers Tuition, Training Manuals, Lunch, Certificates, and Logistics cost during the intensive field training.