WorleyParsons, an International energy resources company currently recruits IT Specialist to provide ICT related support for all the DA users. Maintain all workstations, desktops, CAD machines, laptops and printers, and ensure they abide by DA security, hardware and software standards. Ensure all ICT support requests are logged, assigned, resolved, documented and signed off.
This is to be based in their Lagos office in Nigeria
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Respond to telephone calls and email requests for technical support. Define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and prepare appropriate reports
- Tabulate the names of all users, computer names, and discipline on each floor on a spreadsheet.
- Own and keep the floor specific inventory updated at all times. Rename all computer names on the network to the new name, Location + Service tag.
- Address all support calls as soon as possible and update users on the status and get feedback on the quality of the service. Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing to users about status of requests made to LagosHelpdesk
- Document troubleshooting fixes for all hardware, software, and configuration issues as they pertain to resolving requests for computer support; Take responsibility of all the ICT issues of the nominated floor/s.
- Analyze and evaluate incident reports and make recommendations to reduce help line incident rate. Maintain history records and related problem documentation
- Interview user to collect information about problem to know the diagnostic procedures to determine source of error. Determine whether problem is caused by software or hardware.
- Take responsibility of all the ICT issues of the nominated floor/s
- Work and contribute actively to the ICT team. Assist each other and share knowledge, experience, etc.
- Proactively communicate with users on all floor specific issues that may have an impact on the users of that floor
- Closely monitor and supervise the PANABIZ team to ensure that all the network printers are functioning as they should be, availability of paper, etc
- Ensure all machines contain company standard software. All non-standard software and usage is to be reported and addressed immediately
- Assist in the make up of all local ICT rules and procedures.
- Observe information security, data protection and network security guidelines, reporting breaches to the appropriate authority
- Advice users on efficient data storage especially Email Archive and file management.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment
- Maintain a good house keeping always.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Work with the ICT Manager to formulate ICT related policies and procedures
· Training on the proper use of DA OS, applications and network.
Bachelor of Science in Electronics or Computer Science or its equivalent, Microsoft certifications
TECHNICAL AND OTHER SKILLS Good understanding of LAN/WAN using star topology. Ability to multitask and assumes responsibility of problems Technical abilities to support users on the Network Good Windows OS and applications knowledge
Click here to apply through Worley Parsons official website