Posted on :
10 May, 2010
10 May, 2010
Jhpiego Nigeria is an affiliate of Johns Hopkins University and a global leader in improving healthcare for women and families, Jhpiego Nigeria currently seek suitable candidates for the following position: Senior Finance Officer
Title: SENIOR FINANCE OFFICER
Reports to: Chief Finance and Administrative Officer
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Summary Scope of Work
• The candidate will assume overall financial and administrative management of a major Project in Abuja.
• BA in Finance, Accounting, Business or equivalent experience including minimum of 5 years of financial and cost management experience preferably in support of international development program operations.
• Knowledge of US government cost principles, GAAP accounting rules and grant/contract management Expert knowledge in the use of financial software applications, databases, spreadsheets and/or word.
• Provide financial and administrative support for Jhpiego country offices and activities.
• Organize the compilation of logistic needs for the office and various activities, and coordinate purchase and reception of office and training materials for the smooth running of the office and activities.
• Prepare and coordinate the deposits at the bank.
• Review all financial and administrative transactions.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual financial reports for submission to Jhpiego headquarters.
• Prepare for trips from head quar1ers staff and visiting consultants by making appropriate bookings and appointments, and collecting any necessary information.
• Preparation, actualisation and maintenance of inventory.
• Provide administrative assistance during general office and financial departmental meetings and workshops
• Supervise the management of office petty cash.
• Supervise the establishment and maintenance of the overall office filing system.
• Responsible for shipment of items to and from the office.
• Liaise with Country Director for effective cost-sharing for various activities.
Method of Application:
Submit resumes to: [email protected] The successful candidate selected for this position will be subjected to a pre-employment background investigation.
Deadline: 20th May, 2010.