Johns Hopkins University – The Center for Communication Programs (CCP) was established over 25 years ago in recognition of the pivotal role communication plays in the way people think and behave about health and development issues. We are a Center within the Department of Health, Behavior and Society at the Bloomberg School of Public Health. CCP has active programs in more than 30 countries worldwide as well as in the U.S.
The Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health Center for Communication Programs (JHU-CCP) seeks for experienced and qualified candidates to work for the position below:
Job Title: HC3 Program Specialist – Family Planning
- The HC3 Nigeria Program Specialist will provide programmatic support for advocacy, demand generation and service provider components of the family planning program.
- She/he will report directly to the Deputy Director-FP and work in close consultation the Senior Technical Advisor – Social Mobilization, HC3 FP State Coordinators and the HC3 Nigeria HQ Team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- In addition to the overall program inputs to the project described above, specific duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work with Deputy Director-FP and HC3 FPteam to develop and implement the advocacy, demand generation and service provider components of the family planning project, as assigned.
- Support advocacy activities targeted and, policy targeted at governments, policy makers, FP implementing partners and other stakeholders
- Assist with the establishment and maintenance of effective relationships with family planning project partners, implementing partners, Federal and State MOHs and other key stakeholders
- Assist with establishing relationships with and coordinating FP service delivery partners and activities in FP project states and Federal level
- Provide support for training and capacity building activities targeted at HC3 project partners, heath service providers, community based organization, community mobilizers. volunteers etc.
- Provide support for implementation of HC3 FP mass media strategies as assigned Provide support to the HC3 FP State Coordinators and State Teams as required Assist with the development and writing of timely program reports on a quarterly and annual basis and disseminate program success stories, and other reporting duties as assigned
- The position will be based at the HC3 Office inAbuja but will involve approximately 30% travel to project states
- Perform job duties/responsibilities in support of CCP’s Mission and Values, as appropriate.
- Other duties as necessary and assigned by supervisor and HC3 COP
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities at this time.
Education and/or Experience
- Master’s Degree or higher in a relevant field (public health, social science, humanities, other).
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience on Family Planning or related Reproductive Health programs in Nigeria. SBCC and/or Community Mobilization expertise highly valued.
- Must be fluent in English, and given the geographic focus of the project, Hausa and/or lgbo is highly desirable.
Application Closing Date
21st October, 2016. (5pm)
Method of Application
Applicants should follow the instructions exactly below to apply:
- Your Cover letter should include the following:
- Address the education/experience and language skills requirement specified for the position with specific examples where necessary.
- Include the specific date when you would be able to begin work.
- A table with the following information regarding your language skills. Scoring: 1 = Elementary skills, 2 = Limited working proficiency, 3 = General Professional proficiency, 4 = Advanced Professional proficiency, 5 = Functional Native proficiency
||Oral (Score of -15)
||Written (Score of-15)
* Please note that the language skills will be tested during interviews for shortlisted candidates
- Email your cover letter and curriculum vitae (CV) as “one PDF document” to: [email protected]
- CV and cover letter PDF file name must be your first and last name in CAPS (e.g.: USMAN SEGUN).
- The subject line of your email should be “HC3 Programme Specialist”.
- Do not include any additional certificates or documentation.
Note: Any submission that do not follow the instructions exactly will be discarded without review