The International Rescue Committee is an NGO that serves refugee and communities victimized by oppression and violent conflict worldwide. Since October 2012, the IRC has been responding to humanitarian needs of Nigerians.
The IRC initially intervened in response to floods that affected over 7 million people across the country, destroying harvest and damaging homes. The IRC is currently implementing programs in Health, Child Protection, WASH, Nutrition and Women’s Protection and Empowerment (WPE) in Adamawa and Borno States in North-Eastern Nigeria.
Job Title: WPE Senior Manager
- Provide ongoing leadership, training, and guidance to staff and local partners to ensure programming meets best practice standards and prioritizes the security of beneficiaries and staff.
- Support team to conduct safety audits and take the lead communicating with other stakeholders to ensure all services mitigate the risk of GBV and are in line with IASC GBV Guidelines
- Design and lead assessments to ensure the voices of women and girls inform WPE program design
- Lead the development of coordination and referral mechanisms to ensure GBV survivors can access health care in a timely manner
- Promote and teach good practice in regards to rapid WPE case management and psychosocial support
- Assist GBV IMS manager on IMS data analysis, IMS data sharing, and IMS data compilation
- Develop protocols on information management in insecure environments
- Support the WPE team to develop awareness raising messages to promote uptake of mobile GBV response services in a timely manner
- Support the WPE team to ensure sustained programming
- Promote coordination with the reproductive health team and ensure RH is incorporated into mobile response
- Design and lead on rapid responses in newly opened LGAs
- Prepare the WPE mobile team to respond quickly to emerging crises and newly accessible areas.
- Assess security developments and advocate for integrated WPE + RH responses in Borno
- Provide remote management of team in Monguno with frequent travel to Monguno
- Liaise with the Health Manager to help provide technical support to the midwife team.
- Lead the development of proposals as needed
- Review monthly BvAs and submit monthly BvA corrections
- Prepare and keep updated budget spent out plans in order to maintain program expenditure within budget
Staff and Community Capacity Building
- Collaborate with the WPE Coordinator and RH Manager to implement the staff training plan for Program Team members.
- Oversee and when necessary conduct trainings for community and service providers.
- Collaborate with the Health Sector to organize Clinical Care of Sexual Assault Survivors training for health staff, as needed.
- Collaborate with the other IRC Program Managers to maintain an on-going training program to ensure WPE is integrated into health, child protection, EH and NFI Distribution and vice versa.
- Liaise with the WPE Coordinator and Field Coordinator as needed for difficult or complex cases.
- Train WPE mobile team on mobile team approaches and best practice in rapid case management.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders – including community leaders, Camp chairpersons, National Emergency Management Agency, State Emergency Management Agency) NGOs, UN agencies, Local Partners and other IRC sectors to enhance multi-agency and multi sectoral cooperation and coordination.
- Ensure that information from coordination meetings is shared, as appropriate.
- Advocate for women and girls, with feedback from women and girls, in external meetings.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Lead the development and oversee implementation of strong monitoring and evaluation systems Lead the preparation of reports to the Women Protection and Empowerment Coordinator and donors.
- Provide trend analysis on areas where the mobile team is programming in order to improve services and advocacy for women and girls.
- Liaise with other mobile teams on best practices and assist each other with information sharing.
- Oversee administrative aspects of the program including, but not limited to, writing job descriptions, interviewing and hiring staff, developing staff performance objectives and conducting timely performance appraisals.
- Ensure the staff follows IRC global financial procedures and meeting donor requirements.
- Ensure that all internal (IRC) reporting requirements are met and that reports are of a high quality and submitted on time.
- Other duties as required.
- Must have a university degree in public health, social work, or social science, with significant relevant work experience in conflict affected areas,
- 3 years GBV program management experience, preferably in insecure locations,
- Excellent GBV case management skills and have provided direct case management to survivors of GBV,
- Ability to live and work under pressure in an unstable security environment.
- Knowledge and experience of participatory planning methods
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in grant management and proposal writing is preferred.
- Excellent computer skills: MS Word, Excel, Power point, use e-mail and internet.
- Fluency in English and other language desirable.
- Experience in remote case management or managing mobile teams,
- Experience in managing a GBV emergency response team using rapid case management,
- Experience using and good knowledge of the GBV IMS.
- Good interpersonal and team building skills.
- Thorough understanding of feminist theory and survivor centered programming
- Additional qualities: ability to multitask, ability to handle pressure well, ability to improvise, flexibility.
- Be a team player
Standards for Professional Conduct:
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply here
Job Title: Stabilization Center Clinical Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Stabilization Center functions:
- Daily calculations of the quantity of food needed for the day based on the number of children present in Phase I and transition or refers the work to somebody who will calculate and he supervises him.
- Weekly checks and transmit the statistics to the ERT and nutrition coordinator.
- Give feed back to the team.
- Work in collaboration with ERT health and nutrition and the country nutrition coordinator to maximize and ensure quality operations and care
- Compiles monthly reports and submits to coordinators and hospital/state leadership
- Order the food for the SC in collaboration with the hospital dietician
- Order the drugs for the SC in collaboration with the pharmacist
- Manage the daily collection of the number of new admissions and exits and attendance from the registrar.
Therapeutic feeding functions:
- Checks the pharmacy: correct drug preparation, storage and stock balance etc..
- Checks food stock : food consumption and cleaning of the store
- Nutritional follow-up : correct measurements and follow-up of the weight and oedema.
- Individual cards and the attendance register book: correct filling
- Ensures and quality checks admission and exit: respect of the criteria
- Ensures and role-models respect for the dignity of the patients and their accompanying caretaker
- Resolution of problems occurring between the patients and the personnel
- Ensure that mothers are well informed about the functioning of the centre; the state and evolution of their child; their tasks (help in cleaning, feeding of the children etc.).
- Works with emergency health and nutrition manager to support transfers of complicated SAM cases
- Food distribution : works with hospital dietician to ensure meals distributed on time and respect of the quantity
- Food preparation : works with hospital dietician for corrects recipes and food preparation, cleaning of the kitchen.
- Maintains and supervises quality of medical care dispensed : drugs distribution, correct application of the medical protocols; clinical follow-up, rehydration, detection in times of the medical complications.
- Sets work schedule to include overnights shared with emergency health manager and hospital physicians
- Clinical examination of all patients with signs of complicated pathologies or presenting complication or refer by the nurses
- Prescription, management and follow-up of the severe and complicated cases in consultation with hospital physician
- Adaptation and change of specific medical treatment and differential diagnosis in partnership with hospital physician
- Authorizes and interprets rapid clinical laboratory
- Referral of patients to hospital and between hospital
- Training of hospital, IRC nurses on routing treatment prescriptions (theoretical and on the job training)
- Works in collaboration with the nurses to ensure medical care of quality
- Works as a member of the team, taking in consideration the non-medical problems encountered by the patients (feeding and psychosocial)
- Develop relationship with medical counterparts with hospital
- Points out the presence, the day-off and the absence of the staff, in collaboration with the administrator (if existing)
- Distribute and delegates the work within the personnel according to their knowledge
- Conduct weekly meetings with the personnel and hospital management
- Organizes and delivers training course for the staff when necessary.
- Inform the coordinator in case of difficulties.
- Supervises management the working schedule with hospital management
- Plan and organizes the replacements of workers hospital management
- Respect the existing working rules and to be attentive to the working condition of the personnel.
- High attention to details
- Computer skills in programs such as: MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint and EPI-Info
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Ability to start immediately
- Experience working in a nutrition stabilization center
- Experience interacting and communicating with children under treatment and their caretaker
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Completed Post-graduate Medical Degree and Nutrition Training
- Experience with nutrition and health programming
- Public Health Degree
- Experience with monitoring and evaluation
Specific Security Situation/Housing:
- The SC Clinical Manager will be based in Maiduguri, Nigeria with travel throughout the country. The security situation in Nigeria continues to be volatile in the NE with the security level at 3 (orange). The candidate should be prepared to implement programming in insecure environments. This is a non-accompanied position. The SC Clinical Manager will live in shared housing.
Standards for Professional Conduct:
- The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply here
Application Deadline: Not Specified