Pfizer – Good health is vital to all of us, and finding sustainable solutions to the most pressing health care challenges of our world cannot wait. That’s why we at Pfizer are committed to applying science and our global resources to improve health and well-being at every stage of life. We strive to provide access to safe, effective and affordable medicines and related health care services to the people who need them.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Commercial Pharmacovigilance (CPV) Analytics and Vendor Oversight Lead
Job ID: 1039891
- The CPV Analytics and Vendor Oversight Lead will be the single point of contact for all data and insights pertaining to Customer Engagement Programs (CEP) and Customer Interaction Tools (CIT), holding accountability for compliance surveillance and data analysis pertaining to CEP/CIT processes, as well as for all CPV Center of Excellence related systems operations and service delivery while maintaining the integrity of the information.
- The role will be responsible to inform the status and trends of CEPs /CITs worldwide with focus on improving quality of operations and compliance. The lead will also manage oversight of CEP/CIT vendors.
- What is the CPV Function: Global Commercial Operations (GCO) is a platform that unifies Pfizer’s commercial services into one global organization, driving common standards of excellence and efficiency, while creating new channels for innovation and greater partnership across Pfizer.
- In response to the evolving commercial model, and with our focus on patient safety, GCO is implementing the Commercial Pharmacovigilance (CPV) team, which will provide commercial colleagues with end-to-end process support on CEP* programs and CIT** tools. The CPV team has been designed to complement the services that safety and medical already bring to CEP programs and CIT tools. GCO is uniquely positioned to enable commercial colleagues to own compliance with safety reporting by leveraging their commercial acumen and training expertise.
- Customer Engagement Programs (CEPs) are programs sponsored by BUs and Divisions, at the global, regional or country levels, in which there is the potential for two-way communication between Pfizer or a vendor acting on Pfizer’s behalf and customers (e.g. patients, HCPs) through which Adverse Events and /or other reportable safety information may become evident
- Customer Interaction Tracking (CIT) tools are broadly defined as any structured electronic collection of (HCP) interaction records used by more than one commercial customer facing colleague.
CPV Operations and Management:
- Manage CPV CoE Analytics and oversight activities
- Design and implement the harmonized and efficient processes required to ensure regional and local contributions, the validity and timeliness of content with fast, easy access
- Identify, track and manage queries and issues that arise in the course of CEP/CIT operations
Systems: Line of Sight, CEP Inventory and Resource Center Platforms, Global CIT Inventory:
- In collaboration with Safety, govern, manage and maintain the CEP and CIT platforms (e.g. CEP Inventory System, Resource Center, LOS, etc.) to: ensure its continuous operation, maintain the integrity of the data, answer user questions
- Lead continuous improvement of CEP Resource Center quality and effectiveness for colleagues in collaboration with Safety
- Lead BT development and maintenance in support of CEP / CIT inventory and workflow processes in collaboration with Safety
- Liaise with Business Technology in regards to issue resolution, platform updates and identify improvement opportunities
Metrics and Surveillance: Data Reports and Key Performance Indicators:
- Accountable to monitor, collate, analyze and report all relevant CEP/CIT compliance data (e.g. global dashboard) in support of inspection readiness oversight
- Maintain the status of CEPs and CIT Tools in Pfizer across regions for the CoE
- Communicate CEP / CIT performance to CEP / CIT governance bodies and key stakeholders
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to understand trends and opportunities for process enhancement
Vendors: Oversight and Management:
- Collaborate with Procurement and Knowledge & Operations teams to ensure efficient usage of Service Excellence Agreement (SEA) methodology within the CPV organization and its applicable vendors.
- Collaborate with Safety and MQO on understanding vendor performance trends and opportunities to enhance vendor management
- Define the requirements for vendor training and management, develop the corresponding material and update it as necessary
- Work with Regional CEP Leads and Line of Sight platform to monitor, report and remediate vendor performance and source recommendations for active vendors
- Bachelor’s degree is required and Master’s degree is preferred
- 15+ years’ experience in pharmaceutical industry
- Experience in managing global shared services operations, preferably in Pharmacovigilance or Safety functions
- Deep understanding of Pfizer’s pharmaceutical business operations and products
- Understand the fundamentals of drug safety and risk management (e.g. AE reporting), as well as CEP processes, policies and procedures
- Minimum 5 years’ experience demonstrating an ability to carry out data management functions proficiently, with high quality and on a timely basis
- Proven ability in vendor management
- Strong collaboration/relationship-building skills and ability to engage across multiple functions, including technical and business
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to respond with professionalism in verbal as well as written communications
Skills and Knowledge:
- High level of strategic and analytical skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability in complex, cross-functional and cross-regional initiatives
- Ability to synthetize problems and develop innovative solutions and strategies
- Ability to drive execution of strategies, acting independently and/or in collaboration with other stakeholders as appropriate
- Ability to engage and collaborate effectively with stakeholders from different areas and in complex organizational environments
- Ability to communicate, persuade, influence and operate effectively across business functions and organizational levels
- Excellent judgment as well as the ability to work with confidential documents and information and excellent follow-up skills
- Proven ability to understand requirements and impacts from both technical and business perspectives
- Proficiency in common technical tools, information architecture and complex database management
- Ability to understand complex processes and comply with detailed technical directions
- Ability to take initiative within strong team-oriented environment
- Ability to anticipate issues/needs and to work proactively to address them
- Ability to work at all levels, from local managers up to and including Regional Presidents
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with Commerce Pharmacovigilance Organization
- Ability to work flexible hours (early AM, overtime, etc.) when needed
Method of Application
Note: When the page opens, enter the Job Opening ID (1039891) in the Job ID Box, and click “Search”
Interested and qualified candidates should click below to apply