The Nigerian Navy invites applications from qualified Nigerians for enlistment into the Nigerian Navy through Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Course 23.
Applications are invited from qualified candidates to fill the under-listed graduate and experienced positions below:
Job Title: Seaman
- Applicants must possess B.Sc/HND in Nautical Sciences.
- Membership of relevant professional body will be an added advantage.
Job Title: Account and Budget Executive
- Applicants must possess a Bachelor’s degree or HND in Economics, Accounting and Business Administration or HND in Business and Accounts.
- Membership of a professional body like ICAN, ANAN, ACMA, ACCA, ACA will be an added advantage.
Job Title: Chaplain
- Applicants must possess a Bachelor’s Degree from a registered institution of theology from either of the following:
- Catholic Mission.
- Protestant Mission.
- Applicants must have completed 2 years apprenticeship in Apostolic Ministry and be recommended from the pastoral missions.
- In addition to qualifications required, applicants must be of male gender and duly ordained clergy of their respective Christian faith.
Job Title: Educationist
- Applicants must possess B.Ed in relevant fields. Holders of first degree with PGD in the following fields are also eligible:
- English Language.
- Computer Science.
Job Title: Engineer
- Applicants must possess a B.Sc or HND or equivalent qualifications in the following fields:
- Naval Architecture/Ship Design.
- Mechanical/Marine Engineering.
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
- Aeronautical Engineering.
- Membership of Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE) and Council of Registered Engineers of Nigeria (COREN) will be an added advantage.
Job Title: Human Resources Manager
- Applicants must possess a B.Sc, BA, HND or equivalent qualification in Personnel Management, Public Administration or Human Resource Management.
- Membership of NIM and other relevant bodies is an added advantage.
Job Title: Hydrographer
- Applicants must possess a B.Sc or HND in the following fields:
- Physical Oceanography.
- Membership of NIS is an added advantage.
- Applicants with BSc degree in Physics and Mathematics must possess a Post Graduate Diploma in Land Survey to be eligible.
Job Title: Imam
- Applicants must possess B.A Degree in Islamic Studies with special reference to Islamic Jurisprudence and Theology.
- Diploma in Counselling Psychology will be an added advantage.
- Applicants with Post Graduate Diploma in Islamic Studies must have 5 years experience.
- Applicants must be able to read and write in English Language.
Job Title: Information Oficer
- Applicants must possess a B.Sc or HND in the following fields:
- Mass Communication.
- Public Relations.
- Printing Technology.
- Television Production.
- Computer Technology (Desktop Publishing).
- Membership of NIPR will be an added advantage.
Job Title: Legal Officer
- Applicant must possess LLB and BL (A minimum of 2 years post qualification experience is required).
Job Title: Information and Communication Technologist
- Applicants must possess B.Sc/B.Tech/B.Eng in Computer Science or Computer Engineering. Priority will be given to candidates with relevant qualification in:
- Website development and management.
- Networking and network administration.
- Programming multimedia and software development.
- Server and database administration.
- Information and cyber security.
- Certification in relevant fields will be an added advantage.
Job Title: Doctor/Dental Surgeon (Medical)
- MBBS, MBchB or equivalent.
- Must be fully registered by the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria and must possess a current practicing license.
Job Title: Pharmacist(Medical)
- B.Pharm degree and be fully registered with the Pharmacy Council of Nigeria and have a current practicing license.
Job Title: Medical Laboratory Scientist
- Must possess either a BMLS or AIMLS and its equivalent and be fully registered with the Medical Laboratory Scientist Council of Nigeria as well as possess a current practicing license.
Job Title: Physiotherapist(Medical)
- Must possess either B. Physiotherapy or BMR (Bachelor of Medical Rehabilitation).
- Must be registered with the Medical Rehabilitation Therapist Registration Board of Nigeria (MRTB) and possess a current practicing license.
Job Title: Music Instructor
- Applicants must possess B.A/HND in Music.
- Proficiency in any musical instrument will be an added advantage.
Job Title: Biomedical Engineer
- Minimum of B.Sc/HND in Biomedical Engineering required.
Job Title: Hospital Administrator
- Minimum of B.Sc/HND Hospital Administration required
Job Title: Nurse (Medical)
- B.NSc or equivalent with post basic qualification in a nursing field.
- Sub specialisations such as ICU, A&E, Theatre, Anaesthesia will be an added advantage.
Job Title: Medical Records/Health Information Management Executive
- Minimum of B.Sc/ HND required.
Job Title: Public Health Officer
- Minimum of B.Sc/HND in either Environmental Health or Community Health Information and Education.
- Must be fully registered with the Environmental Health Officers Registration Council of Nigeria (EHORCON) and possess a current practicing license.
Job Title: Clinical Psychologist
- Minimum of B.Sc/HND in Clinical Psychology and Applied Psychology required.
Job Title: Dietician (Medical)
- B.Sc or HND Dietician/Nutrition.
- Must be registered with Dietetics Council of Nigeria.
Job Title: Logistics Officer
- B.Sc/HND/B.Eng in the following fields:
- Transport Management.
- Economics, Business Management or in Purchasing and Supply (PS).
- Civil Engineering.
- Quantity Survey.
- Structural Engineering.
- Final Certificate of Nigerian Institute of Transport Technology.
Job Title: Sports/PTInstructor
- Applicants must possess B.A/HND in Physical & Health Education or equivalent.
- Proficiency in any physical sport will be an added advantage.
Job Title: Radiographer(Medical)
- Minimum of B.Sc/HND in Radiography
Job Title: Optometrist(Medical)
- Bachelor’s degree in Optometry or B.Optometrist.
- Must be a fully registered optometrist, dispensing optician by the Optical Council of Nigeria and have a current practicing license.
General Information to Candidates
Candidates are advised to read these instructions carefully before completing the application:
- Applicants are warned against giving false information or tendering fake certificates. Any false information or fake certificates discovered at any stage will lead to disqualification and subsequent prosecution of the applicant.
- Applicants must possess a minimum of Second Class Upper Division for holders of First degree and Upper Credit for HND holders. Computer literacy will be an added advantage.
- Applicants must possess certificates of full registration with their respective statutory professional bodies in Nigeria.
- All applicants must be single.
- Applicants must possess NYSC discharge certificate or letter of exemption from NYSC.
- Male applicants must not be less than 1.70 meters tall while female applicants must not be less than 1.67 meters tall.
- Applicants should be between 22 and 28 years of age by 31st December 2016. Those over 28 and 30 years, as applicable, need not apply.
- Applicants will be shortlisted for a qualifying aptitude test. The date, time and result of the aptitude test will be placed on the website.
Applicants are to choose any of the following centres for the qualifying aptitude test:
- Abuja – Command Day Secondary School, Mogadishu Barracks.
- Bauchi – Command Day Secondary School, Shadawanka Barracks.
- Owerrinta – Nigerian Navy Finance and Logistics School, Owerrinta.
- Lagos – Nigerian Navy Secondary School, Ojo.
- Port-Harcourt – Nigerian Navy Secondary School, Borokiri.
- Sokoto – Army Day Secondary School, Giginya Barracks.
Applicants are to bring the following to the Aptitude Test Centres:
- Parents/Guardian Consent Form.
- Local Government Attestation Card.
- Acknowledgment Form.
- Photocopies of Certificates including NYSC Discharge Certificate.
Please note that any attempt to inundate the Naval Headquarters with letters from any quarters by any applicant will be viewed as a ploy to undermine the enlistment process and will lead to disqualification of such applicants. In addition, applicants are to note that the entire enlistment process is free and they should refrain from giving money to any individual under any guise.
Submission of Form
On completion of the application form, applicants are advised to click SUBMIT on the portal and generate the applicant’s transaction ID. Applicants are advised to print out a copy of the Application Summary.
Application Closing Date
23rd November, 2016.
Method of Application
Register to enroll with the Nigerian Navy in five (3) easy steps:
- Step 1: Click on the Register button after completing the task of creating an account on the portal by providing a valid “Email Address (which will be used as your User Name) and Password”. Note: You will need your Email Address (User Name) and Password to log in next time.
- Step 2: Complete the Ratings Application form. Make sure you review your data carefully before submitting. You may log in at anytime before application closes to make changes after submission.
- Step 3: Download and print a copy of your completed Application form which must include the following parts:
- Applicant’s Declaration and Certification by Parent/Guardian form.
- Local Government Area Certification Form.
- Police Certification Form.
- Guarantor Form.
Click Here to Start Application
Note: Interested members of the public are requested to note the following information on method of application. Applications are free of charge. Applicants are to apply only once. Multiple online applications will be disqualified.