Posted on :
12 Aug, 2012
12 Aug, 2012
We are currently searching for an Adult Education Teacher for one of our clients, a major player in the Logistics sector.
Job Title: Adult Education Teacher
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
• Plan, design and execute appropriate courses to the learner group with the support of the Training Supervisor.
• Provide educational instruction in assigned subject areas to include reading, writing & simple arithmetic.
• Prepare and administer written, oral and performance tests, and issue grades in accordance with performance.
• Prepare and implement remedial programs for students requiring extra assistance.
• Assign and grade class work and homework
• Prepare materials and classrooms for class activities
• Maintains the training database, with electronic records of all courses completed by employees with attendance, grades, final report, and so forth. Updates the database as required, but regularly, so that current information is always available.
• Use computers, audiovisual aids and other training equipment and material to supplement presentations.
• Guide and counsel employee with adjustment and /or academic problems, or special academic interests.
• Prepare reports on employees and activities as required by administration.
• University Degree in Education, Social Sciences, or related field.
• Requires at least 3-5 years of experience working in a similar role.
• Requires some previous experience that demonstrates an ability to train others and give instructions.
• Requires the ability to communicate both in English & Pidgin English.
• Must be computer literate in Microsoft Office Tools.
• Highly diligent and committed to the highest standards of professional service.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Caring and motivated by the best interests of his/her students.
• Enthusiasm for the subject material that will foster a love of learning by students.
• Willing to engage in ongoing professional development.
• Ability to relate well to different groups of students of different ages and ability levels.
• Team-player who can collaborate with colleagues.
Method of Application:
Qualified Candidates should please forward their CVs to: [email protected]
Qualified candidates will be contacted immediately.