KCA DEUTAG is one of the largest drilling contractors outside the Americas. We are responsible for managing more than 100 drilling rig operations, both onshore and offshore, in more than 20 countries and are a world leader in the design and construction of drilling facilities.
GRADUATE DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME 2014
- The KCA Deutag Graduate Development Programme has been created to help accelerate the development of qualified graduates to successful future KCA Deutag managers and leaders within a 3 year time period. These managers will be fully equipped to run Safe, Effective and Trouble-free operations.
- The aim for all Operations Graduates is to reach the position of Assistant Rig Manager upon completion of the programme. The programme has therefore been designed to provide our Operations Graduates with the widest possible exposure to KCA Deutag’s people, operations, equipment, processes and clients in the 3 year period.
- Applicants must be willing to work rotational field tours in any of our worldwide locations. This includes office and rig based assignments and project work. KCA Deutag does not provide relocation assistance to successful applicants, as residing in the UK is not essential when assigned to the Graduate Development Programme.
Key Features of our Programme
- International opportunities within any of our worldwide rig operations.
- Structured and systematic learning and development, enabling you to develop your technical ability and your professional business and leadership skills.
- Personal mentoring and coaching which helps to support and guide your professional development throughout the duration of the programme.
- Intensive rig-based training up to the level of Assistant Rig Superintendent/Toolpusher.
- Completion of “Milestone” questions to ensure a suitable level of competence has been gained in each rig based position.
- Corporate based assignments, either in the Aberdeen office or any of our local in-country offices.
- Completion of numerous training courses, delivered by the KCA Deutag or external providers.
- Completion of various self-study modules, reports and presentations.
- Graduates must hold a minimum of a 2:1 degree in any discipline, with the following disciplines being preferred;
- B.Eng or M.Eng Honours
- B.Sc Honours in an engineering discipline
- Study at Masters level is advantageous but not essential.
Key Skills & Attributes
Applicants must be:
- Educated to degree level
- Open to working with different cultures
- Able to demonstrate leadership in conjunction with commitment and have a determination to succeed
- Prepared to work rotational assignments, both on and offshore, along with office based assignments
- Able to demonstrate a fluency in English, both oral and written
- Willing to undertake training during field break
- Willing to work in any of KCA Deutag’s worldwide locations.
Successful applicants will be invited for an initial telephone interview. The full selection process may include:
- Online aptitude testing.
- Assessment centre to be held in Aberdeen (June 2014).
- Employment commences in September 2014 for successful applicants.
- Competitive pay & benefits package, which may include additional allowances depending on country of assignment (e.g. country, hardship allowances etc.).
- Structured training, development & career progression.
- Global opportunities.
Application Closing Date
28th April, 2014.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online