Our client, an indigenous exploration and production company, is a subsidiary of an international company with a portfolio of oil and gas assets in Nigeria. The company is based in Uyo, Akwa-Ibom state.
As part of strategies to further strengthen its operations in Nigeria, the company has identified the need to recruit exceptional, highly motivated and energetic individuals to join its team and make significant contributions towards achieving its goals.
Job Title: Finance Director
Job ID: ES00609
Reports to: Board of Directors
- The successful candidates will have overall responsibility for the accounting, budgeting, cost control and financial reporting for the joint venture,
- A key component of this role will be to coordinate the preparation of the corporate budget in liaison with the JV partners, regulatory authorities and other stakeholders.
- Ensure that all transactions, accounting records and financial statements adhere to the relevant accounting reporting standards and Joint Operating Agreement requirements.
- Liaise with Joint venture operator and asset managers on cost, cost allocations and other financial matters in order to ensure compliance with Joint Operating Agreements.
- Ensure the preparation of monthly joint ventures cost forecasts and cash calls, as well as JV cost, budget and cash reports.
- Supervise and review month and year-end VOWD and ensure accurate and timely accounting for joint venture assets.
- Coordinate periodic account reconciliation, maintenance of the joint venture account, as well as monthly and year-end closing of accounts.
- Review and analyze joint venture transactions and financial performance, and participate in joint venture account audits.
- A good first degree in accounting or any finance related discipline from a reputable institution.
- Relevant professional qualification i.e. (ACA, ACCA, CPA or CIMA)
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience in joint venture/project accounting in non-operated and operated assets in the oil and gas industry.
- Strong knowledge of joint venture finance, accounting and reporting standards, including cost allocation, cash calls, financial analysis and reporting.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills, particularly negotiating, influencing relationship building and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- High intuition and good decision-making skills.
- Strong attention to details.
Method of Application
To apply, please quote the appropriate reference number as the subject of the e-mail and send your current curriculum vitae (prepared as a word document and saved with your full names), a statement of how you meet our selection criteria, and the names and contact details(including telephone and e-mail addresses) of three referees who are knowledgeable about your professional achievement and abilities to us at [email protected]
not later than November 10, 2011.