APM Terminals is one of the largest container terminal operators in the world. The diverse portfolio includes substantial interests in more than 40 ports around the globe. We continue to actively develop and invest in new projects and opportunities in ports and terminal management.
Job Title: Finance Manager – APM Terminals, Onne, Rivers State, Nigeria, Nigeria
Finance Manager – West Africa Container Terminal Nigeria Limited (WACT Nigeria)
Manager Level – local/expat position
The position reports to the Managing Director.
WACT Nigeria offers you a position with the opportunity to have a direct impact on business decisions and results.
The desired candidate should provide overall direction and leadership to the finance and administration functions/staff. This candidate should be able to work well independently and also as a team member.
The ideal candidate possesses following skills:
- Extensive knowledge of setting of budgets, reporting in HFM/ZIMPL, inventory control systems and accounting, knowledge of ERP systems, IFS financials software is an advantage.
- Extensive knowledge of APM Terminals operational practices preferred.
- Experience in the operation of APM Terminals container facilities preferred.
- Analyzes performance statistics and trends in order to identify areas for improvements and cost savings i.e. cost saving potentials
- Good communication, negotiation and networking skills
- Ability to provide leadership, obtain cooperation and assistance to meet objectives
- Sense of urgency and result orientation.
- Business and financial acumen
- The position will require you to perform as a Leader of Others.
Experience and knowledge required:
Education – Master Degree in Finance/ACCA/CA preferred.
Experience – Minimum 5 years of demonstrated financial management experience
- To drive and lead finance and accounting, provide accurate and timely financial information and allowing Managing Director and the board to make informed and financially backed decisions.
- Take ownership of WACT Nigeria financial information to influence Commercial decisions Facilitate performance tracking in line with KPI Scorecards and business plans.
- Achieve the Company’s and its customer’s expectations with regard to operational efficiency, productivity and reliability.
- Develop the local finance organization.
- Ensure all corporate accounting is done accurately, systematically and timely.
- Supervise the job of manager accounting, manager receivables and admin manager.
- Measure and monitor performance against critical criteria, Finance/ Accounting policy and guidelines established by APM Terminals.
- Help to achieve the set financial budgets for the Operations Division.
- Manage employee performance issues including training, appraisals, discipline and grievances.
- Coach, train and delegate responsibilities to subordinates with the long-term objective of having them take over roles that are more senior.
- Drive identification of local opportunities to improve profitability
Application Deadline: 5th January, 2012