Posted on :
15 Jan, 2010
15 Jan, 2010
Maersk Nigeria has a very dynamic team with many different business entities, ranging from stevedoring to container terminals. Maersk is currently recruiting a Project Manager to be based in Lagos Nigeria
We have a very diverse organization and with huge potential and opportunities, we look forward to bringing exciting and innovative people to our team. Lilypond staffs provide professional intermodal services for: storage of import container, Customs examination station, delivery services, intermodal dispatch and local trucking services.
With efficient operations, good relationship with all government agencies and improved release process for import containers, Lilypond Container Depot promises to be an ideal location for container storage, dispatch function and trucking services for all destinations throughout Nigeria.
• Identify, analyze and communicate new business opportunities within the general area of responsibility
• Develop and present the recommendations on product and services strategies and operational efficiency projects within the container business and reviewing all systems currently in use
• Provide management with relevant information and data on business, trade developments, industry updates and other commercial current information
• Ensure the sustainability of suggested system/process solutions and that such processes align with global standard process/procedures
• Drive business developments by process analysis and change recommendations
• Ensure proper and effective communication and coordination of the Container Business Strategy, key directives and business goals
• To assist in further development and execution of Container Business Strategy
• Assist with the preparation and review of business plans and management proposals
• Assist the Country Top on specific on support matters relating to his role as Head of Cluster Region
• Initiate and coordinate ad hoc analysis for relevant business areas under the CEO and the Senior Management team.
Specific Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Computer Literate with good skills and working knowledge of software applications
• Effective interpersonal communication skills with the ability to develop good working relationships, mutual trust and understanding within all levels of the international workforce and management
• Ability to work well under pressure, avoiding delays and remaining focused on the core task in order to achieve set performance objectives
• Effective analytical, numerical, reporting and problem solving skills
• Ability to use sound reasoning and persuasion to achieve the objectives
• Pro-active attitude to the implementation of new technology and contribute to the continuous improvement of the companies systems
• Takes initiative and has strong leadership skills
• Strong reasoning abilities and sound judgment
• Excellent reporting capabilities
• Resourceful and well organized.
For more details please contact the Cluster Commercial Manager by email on [email protected]
Application Deadline is February 8, 2010
Click Here to Apply to Maersk Nigeria