APM Terminals is one of the largest container terminal operators in the world. The diverse portfolio includes substantial interests in more than 40 ports around the globe. We continue to actively develop and invest in new projects and opportunities in ports and terminal management. In terms of the future, we are determined to stay at the forefront of our industry by providing value-adding e-business solutions, customer relations management and innovative use of technologies.
APM Terminals commenced operations in Nigeria in March, 2006. Apapa is Nigeria’s largest port and contains a number of wharfs. To date, the staff comprises over 700 highly skilled and motivated foreign and local staff. We stand for operational excellence – from modern equipment, facilities, advanced technology and proven processes and terminal management. We are currently looking for an individual who share our commitment to providing services that are second-to-none.
Job Title: Management Administrator – APM Terminals,
Location: Apapa, Lagos, Nigeria
This position offers an outstanding opportunity to join the global team at APM Terminals Apapa and contribute to the success of the organization. The position reports to the Managing Director.
- Representing the Management Team, where appropriate in internal and external matters, while making professional and informed decisions within appropriate level of authority; as well as communicating/delegating work to others;
- Manage key stakeholder relationships. Develop a complete map of top external stakeholders for the company with detail of contact persons and the nominated relationship holder in APMT. For stakeholders owned by the MD, ensure a personal relationship with PA’s and other key personnel around the stakeholders;
- Managing the Management Team offices and Safety of its environment.
- Liaising with Business Unit heads as appropriate;
- Coordinate procurement and distribution of corporate branding items;
- Handle media appointments and materials distribution. Ensure that all calls and enquiries from media are attended. Manage content and planning of all Management Team’s media events and meetings and ensure pre-approved material is up-to-date and delivered to media on request.
- Organizing and attending meetings and events; taking minutes and ensuring the Management team is well-prepared for meetings;
- Dealing with correspondence and writing letters;
- Editor of the internal newsletter;
- Liaison for visiting Senior Management team from Region and The Hague;
- Optimize the Management team’s schedule and movements by arranging business and personal travel and accommodation and, occasionally, traveling with the team to provide general assistance during travel, meetings or presentations;
- Devising and maintaining office systems to deal efficiently with paper flow and filing;
- Organizing and storing paper work, documents and computer based information;
- Producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations;
- Organizing and maintaining diaries and making appointments;
- Completed (minimum) bachelor’s degree in Business or related field.
- Three to five years work experience in a related function.
- High drive and interest in taking on new tasks.
- Strong Business mindset and understanding.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Fluent in English both written and spoken.
- Tactful, diplomatic and displays excellent judgment.
- Well-organized, timely, and persistent.
- Ability to handle confidential information on a daily basis.
- Possesses empathy, personal tact, cultural understanding, strong communication skills; networking, interacting and influencing key decision makers within and outside circle of influence.
- Middle management public relations and high level administrative assistance.
- A truly international working environment in a modern working location
- Value and team-based leadership
- An open and engaging working environment
- A wide range of international career opportunities
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth in a dynamic environment
- Competitive compensation packages
This position is a local position, based in Lagos, Nigeria and will remain posted until 30/March/2012.
Please click link below to apply and ensure to upload/attach a recent CV. For all internal applications please note that HR will contact your local HR to request for your staff card upon receipt of your application.