Posted on :
11 Jul, 2011
11 Jul, 2011
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) saves lives and improves health, especially among the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people, by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. We live our mission to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
The LMS Prevention Organizational Systems AIDS Care and Treatment Project (Pro-ACT) is a USAID-funded project managed by Management Sciences for Health (MSH). The goal of the project is to build the capacity of Nigeria’s public/private institutions and communities to strengthen sustainable systems for HIV/AIDS and TB service delivery.
The objective of the State Team Leader position is to provide overall leadership and management of the MSH Pro-ACT project in the State and related states/areas in a manner that strengthens partnerships with the state government and other partners, and leads to sustainable HIV/AIDS prevention and control efforts.
– Spearheading coordination, implementation and reporting of the MSH Pro-ACT program in the State and related states.
– Ensure optimal resource management in the project.
– Member of the Project Management Team that is responsible for overall project performance.
– Lead the development of an integrated Pro-ACT project plan for the State in collaboration with the Project Director, Deputy Director, Associate Directors, Advisors and State Specialists.
– Operationalize Pro-ACT project plan in the State ensuring efficient coordination of resources to maximize integration and synergy of program areas.
– Establish system for project monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
– Support the state HMIS Officer to establish a functional state M&E data system with periodic analyses and review to inform program management.
– Establish a system for timely relevant technical support to all implementing health facilities.
– Take responsibility for management of the state Pro-ACT project budget and all other resources under the direction of Director, Country Office Management Unit (COMU).
– Advocate and represent MSH Pro-ACT project at the highest level in the state on matters of HIV/AIDS and TB
– Liaise and network with relevant Pro-ACT partners and collaborators in the state to improve MSH’s visibility, – coordination of activities and promotion of shared advocacy agenda.
– Supervise staff and manage staff performance and development.
– Provides clear documentation of programmatic achievements as well as required data and keeps MSH senior management informed of state activities on monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
– Graduate degree in public health, public administration, management or related discipline, or equivalent experience.
– At least 5 years senior level work experience in health program management in developing countries, or equivalent.
– Previous supervision or team leader experience.
– Proven track record in managing international projects or in senior management of a large and complex project overseas.
– Demonstrated leadership and capacity to oversee USAID-funded (sub) projects.
– Understanding of USAID and field Missions; USG audiences, trends and requirements.
– Proven programmatic, technical and managerial expertise in providing support to institutions to strengthen their management and/or leadership capacity, systems and processes, and sustainability potential.
– Demonstrated capacity to collaborate with colleagues, teams and partner organizations to achieve results.
– Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
– Excellent writing and oral communication skills.
Computer skills: Windows applications for word processing and spreadsheet software.
Location: Niger State