In just eight years, YouTube has grown into a video community that 1 billion people across the globe use to access information, share video, and shape culture. The YouTube and Video team helps budding filmmakers and musicians build careers, creates products like YouTube Live and runs collaborative projects like Life in a Day and the YouTube Space Lab. We are changing how people entertain, inform, share and change the world, one video at a time.
YouTube is an extremely team-oriented, creative workplace where every single employee has a voice in the choices we make and the features we implement. We work together in small teams to design, develop, and roll out key features and products in very short time frames. Which means something you write today could be seen by millions of viewers tomorrow. And even though we’re a part of Google and enjoy all of the corporate perks, it still feels like you’re working at a startup.
YouTube is headquartered in San Bruno, California, 12 miles south of San Francisco. We also have many job openings in Mountain View, and across the globe
Job Title: Manager, Content Partnerships, YouTube SSA
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Google’s line of products and services to clients never stops growing. Strategic Partner Managers have the unique opportunity to create a long-lasting relationship with our top partners. You cultivate these existing partnerships to make sure they can take full advantage of Google’s ever-growing suite of offerings. You possess strong relationship-building skills and are apt to see win-win opportunities with partners in order to best represent our users, products and programs.
- As a Manager on the Content Partnerships team at YouTube, you have a unique opportunity to create long lasting partner relationships and to apply and hone business skills in an environment that is entrepreneurial. You should be as comfortable working with partners as well as working cross-functionally with colleagues across multiple disciplines to ensure our partners are positioned for success and our users enjoy the best experience possible. You should also expect to initiate and manage day-to-day operations and partner relationships, fielding and prioritizing incoming requests, troubleshooting partner systems around reporting, content management and Content ID and creating periodic reports (external and internal) on partner performance.
- Define, analyze and communicate key metrics and business trends for management.
- Develop commercial video strategies with partners and work cross-functionally to ensure plan execution.
- Work with management to define and launch strategic business initiatives.
- Support new partners throughout the relationship.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience of account/partnership management and/or business development
- MBA or JD
- Knowledge of online video and experience in online entertainment or new media with an understanding of the online entertainment space as well as YouTube.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, ability to analyze data, understand trends, develop recommendations for action based on the analysis.
- Strong communication and organizational skills and strong ability to comfortably interface with all levels of management and to communicate cross-functionally in a structured and clear manner to influence outcomes.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and fluency in French.
Application Closing Date
25th October, 2013
Method Of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply