Productive People – Our Client in the foods and beverages industry is recruiting for the following job position in Nigeria
Job Title: General Manager
- The General Manager will report directly to the Board of Directors and is primarily concerned with establishing and accomplishing business objectives and integrated growth of the organization.
- The role will require a combination of strong business ownership and management skills, process improvement, with business development skills.
- The GM will grow and develop the management team by setting performance standards, coaching and training them to consistently achieve and surpass the organizational goals/objectives.
- He will act and think as a leader while inspiring confidence and generating excitement, enthusiasm and commitment towards the mission.
- Implementing and achieving organization mission, goals and financial objectives.
- Ensuring effective communication of the organisation’s vision, values, purpose, objectives and outcomes to all relevant stakeholders.
- Exercising full accountability for managing Sales & Marketing, Finance, Manufacturing, Distribution and HR & Administration
- Leading the development of annual strategic plans, annual business plan/budget and operating plans that supports the strategic objectives set by the board from time to time with a view to achieving the vision and mission of the company.
- Developing and monitoring strategies for ensuring the long term financial viability of the company.
- Directing the development of the corporate & competitive strategy of the company and serve as a catalyst for change in the evolving company.
- Working with the Board to ensure that they have information and advice necessary to enable them make informed decisions at all times
- Developing appropriate policies and strategies aimed at maximizing the company’s financial performance.
- Leading management in ensuring effective execution discipline which achieves corporate results and ensuring the development/implementation of effective processes, procedures, systems, quality assurance and improvement methodologies at all times.
- Developing and implementing an effective branding and communications strategy geared towards creating a positive image for the company as well as portraying the company in excellent light before all stakeholders and the public.
- Ensuring that the company has the best people at all levels and leading/ inspiring staff with a clear direction in order to achieve the company’s objectives, goals and targets at all times.
- Providing leadership to and work with the Directors to articulate and implement a performance management system which creates and rewards a culture of performance in the company in all key performance areas.
- Actively promoting and encouraging cross departmental coordination
- Overseeing and ensuring performance of company budgets as well as maintaining approval limits as contained in the corporate governance manual of the company
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in the field of Business, Operations Management, Engineering, or a related field from an accredited institution.
- Required minimum 10 years of manufacturing or production services experience; with a minimum of 7 years in a management or related leadership equivalent role within a manufacturing environment. Relevant experience in the Food & Beverage industry would be a plus.
- Knowledge of Nigerian business environment
- Excellent Project Management skills and experience.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong management skills including the ability to make decisions with minimal
- Supervision, strengths in goal setting, delegation, coaching, mentoring and motivating.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Problem solver– Brings a problem solving mindset to any challenging situation.
- Ability to comprehend complex strategic topics and specialized information and multi-task
- Ability to deliver against set objectives while operating on some occasions in stressful situations.
- Ability to deal with shifting priorities and issues inherent to a fast growing organization.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of business plans and strategies.
- Strong communication skills, in both written and oral presentations.
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal negotiation skills.
- Capacity to conceptualize as well as operationalize strategies.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Superior organizational awareness.
- Experienced at managing diverse and geographically remote teams
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply via the button below