Marie Stopes International Organisation Nigeria (MSION) is a result-oriented Social Business, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide reproductive health care and allied services. MSION’s goal is to meet the needs of underserved Nigerians and dramatically improve access and use of a range of reproductive health services.
MSION is part of Marie Stopes International’s Global Partnership which is in over 37 countries worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Client Service Executive
Reporting to: Corporate Services Coordinator
Duration of contract: 2 years (renewable)
Probationary period: 6 months
About this Role
- The main purpose of this role is to support the Corporate Services Coordinator for the smooth running of the Support Office’s Administrative functions and the Country Programme at large through the delivery of pristine client services to our clients at the Front Office of MSION’s Support Office.
- The Client Service Executive shall undertake all receptionist, front office management and clerical duties at the front desk of our Support Office.
Receiving Clients & Guests, Team Support and Information Management:
- Keep front desk tidy and presentable with all necessary material (pens, forms, paper etc.)
- Greet and welcome guests
- Answer questions and address complaints; escalating as appropriate
- Check, sort and forward emails from [email protected] and related accounts
- Keep updated records and files (surface and electronic files)
- Monitor office expenses and costs
- Provide overall office administrative support systems
- Undertake ad-hoc assignments and projects.
- Answer all incoming calls and redirect them or keep messages
- Receive correspondences, packages etc, distribute and manage records of same
- Prepare outgoing correspondences by drafting mails, securing parcels etc.
Travel and Logistics Support:
- Support in organising travel arrangements for team members and external consultants, including booking flights (best quotes/routes) and arranging visas, itineraries and accommodation.
- Provide logistics support to MSION’s guests.
- Support in coordinating events/meetings/conferences (room bookings, refreshments, preparation of agenda and other documentation, minute taking and distribution, assisting with PowerPoint presentations).
- Support in coordinating visits of team members from other MSI Country Programmes
- Maintain attendance and movement records for team members.
General Administrative Support:
- Ensures that meeting rooms for receiving clients and guests are well kept and usage managed to avoid prolonged stay of clients/guests at the front office
- Coordinate team members to ensure that guests are promptly attended to
- Drive the overall Client Service objective of MSION
- Maintain and Improve the Standard of all Client Service Touch Points (front offices, websites, mails & correspondence, telephone interactions and Physical appearance of staff)
- Develop, monitor and improve on feedback/complaints procedures for clients use.
- Conduct regular surveys involving Internal and external customers
- Identify, recommend and facilitate regular trainings for all Staff, on Customer service.
- Undertake other reasonable duties, as requested by the Corporate Services Coordinator or directed by Management
- Work with the CSC to develop and document all Client Service procedures, policies and standards for MSION
- Establish Key Performance Indicators for measuring level of service delivery, whilst evaluating and monitoring same
- A university Degree completed with a grade not less than Second Class.
- Evidence of Professional qualifications/trainings and affiliations will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in same or related role
Experience & Skills:
- Experience in team co-ordination or administrative role for a large team
- Experience in working with statistical and financial data (Desirable)
- Experience in IT troubleshooting (Desirable)
- Experience in organisation of events/workshops
- Ability to manage conflicting demands of a large team
- Ability to prioritise own workload, Results orientated
- Ability to handle a steep learning curve and work as part of a team
- Attitude, Motivation & Orientation
- Enthusiastic, positive, determined
- Able to work on own initiative
- Able to prioritise tasks, Calm under pressure and Flexible
- Sound judgement, Proactive
- Able to work in a culturally diverse environment
- General interest in development and/or reproductive health issues (Desirable)
- Strong commitment to the vision and mission of MSION/MSI
- Experience of working for an international organisation (Desirable)
- Excellent IT skills, including Advanced Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and databases
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent English, written and spoken, Highly developed communication skills
- Ability to manage a heavy and fluctuating workload
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Number Required: 1
Duration of contract: 2 years
Probationary period: 6 months
- This position exists to provide support to the Procurement Coordinator in processing request, follow-up of RFQ and also as an expediter for pending deliveries.
- The Procurement Officer will be responsible for managing and updating the procurement tracker, sending out of bidding documents, receiving and evaluating quotations and providing administrative support for the Unit.
- Also, the officer will be supporting procurement projects across all units, providing procurement advice to staff, start the process of updating vendor register and work in collaboration with Corporate Services to have long term agreement with Hotels and Traveling agencies.
The Core Responsibility of this post is to use your:
- Commitment to personal development
- Results orientation
- The roles and responsibilities apply to the procurement functions of; Support, Sourcing, analyzing and Contracting management, Supplier Performance, Knowledge Management, expediter and internal customer Relationship Management.
- The specific roles and responsibilities will be to execute the procurement duties below in line with MSION Procurement Guidelines, Standard Operating Procedures and other relevant policies and procedures;
Procurement Forecasting & Planning:
- Support and participate in the preparation of the MSION Procurement Plan and subsequent updates of the Plan.
- Update the procurement tracker and submit monthly report.
Liaison, Coordination & Technical Support:
- Communicating with suppliers, contractors, and MSION staff regarding purchase requisitions, specifications, bids, contracts, orders, and related matters.
- Supporting and providing technical guidance to Programs and Departments in drafting specifications, establishing price estimates and other procurement technical aspects.
- Managing expectations of Users in line with applicable procedures and processes applicable.
Sourcing, Evaluations & Negotiations:
- Participate in the Prequalification of MSION Approved Suppliers in line with MSION Procurement Guidelines.
- Making recommendations to H/PILAM to updating the MSION Approved Supply List.
- Ensuring that the Approved Supply List and Data Base is up to date.
- Apply proper descriptive terminology or specifications to requisitions for commodities and services; apply independent judgment and technical knowledge to analyzing bids, making awards, examining merchandise quality, and comparing specifications and prices of competitive items.
- Assist in the development a variety of purchasing-related documents including contract terms, conditions, specifications, and contractual agreements.
- Secures price quotations and prepares terms, conditions, and/or specifications for prospective purchases.
- Making recommendations of the appropriate evaluation methodology and criteria procurements.
- Conduct and participate in the evaluation of proposals, bids, and quotations.
- Preparing evaluation reports and bid analysis and recommendations of award of contract.
- Ensuring that an up to date price List of Frequently procured items is maintained.
- Participate in cross-functional project teams assigned to develop or evaluate contracts or proposals.
Contracting & Contract Management:
- Preparing Purchase Orders with the Use of Tally System.
- Drafting, editing, reviewing, and interpreting contract terms, conditions, and specifications;
- Recommending negotiations and contract award for supplies.
- Examining, inspecting, and comparing the quality of merchandise and/or services purchased or to be purchased, to ensure that they meet the MSION requirements.
- Ensuring that the procurement transactions due for payment are complete and submitted to Finance for action.
- Manage the vendor appraisal and quality report.
- Ensuring the Supplier Performance reports are obtained per procurement transaction from Users/Programs.
Reporting & Knowledge Management:
- Preparing the Updated Monthly Procurement Plan and Monthly Procurement Reports.
- Ensuring that the appropriate Procurement Reference Numbers are assigned to every procurement transaction.
- Liaise with Regional Officers on the submission of Monthly Procurement reports.
- Maintaining an up to date Procurement, Contract Risk & Register.
- Maintaining an up to date Supplier list with key supplier details; Supplier Admin & Bid Logs.
- Ensure a complete audit trail for all procurement process documentation.
Supervisory & People Management:
- Supervises subordinate-level employees including: planning, organizing, and assigning the day-to-day workload; employee training and development; completing performance evaluations; and maintaining adequate staffing levels.
- At all times, maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders interacting with P&L Functions.
- Ability to work with less supervision.
- Any Other Duties assigned from time to time.
- Prioritizes own work and assists coworkers, vendors, and others with questions related to purchasing policies and procedures.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- Essential: Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Procurement & Stores Management, Commerce, or Business Administration.
- Essential: A professional Qualification in Procurement or at least current status should be Level 4 of the Professional Qualification -CIPS, or its equivalent.
- Essential: Fluency in English (Written, Spoken and Reading).
- Proven excellent technical oral, written, and editing abilities.
- Ability to present and write for multiple audiences.
- Should be able to work in deadline driven/results orientated atmospheres.
- Strong people management skills.
- Strategic guidance and planning skills
- Report writing.
- Extensive working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work well with others in team environments.
- Must be able to satisfy stakeholders.
- Motivated personally and professionally to develop.
- Willingness to travel as requested.
- Shortlisting will start as soon as we start receiving applications and deadline might be changed without prior notice.
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- The subject of the email should be the POSITION TITLE/LOCATION and the CV/Suitability statement should be saved in the applicant’s full name.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and suitability statement as a single attachment to: [email protected]
Application Deadline: Friday, 17th March, 2017.