MTN Nigeria is a leading ICT provider in Nigeria, it currently recruits Material planning Manager who will be reporting to senior manager – Logistics under their capital management group
- Oversee the management of inventory forecast to ensure constant availability to support ongoing network rollout.
- Supervise the design of the Material Requirement Plan for the department.
- Oversee equipment usage in accordance with Assets Utilization Plan.
- Participate in the team/department/divisional meetings and activities as required.
- Supervise the record keeping of all activities and transactions with regards to materials movement to and from warehouses.
- Oversee the tracking and reporting on Network Group material orders up to delivery.
- Ensure that suppliers, part numbers and prices are created on the Industrial Financial System (IFS).
- Ensure that the Material Order Tracker (MOT) is updated with the Purchasing Requisition number and details.
- Ensure appropriate accurate inventory information in the IFS system. That includes the managing of IFS in terms of setup, user utilisation and flow of information into the general ledger for reconciliation purposes.
- Ensure maintenance of the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) perpetual inventory system and periodic analysis of sub ledger information.
- Ensure accuracy of and follow – up of monthly general ledger reconciliation of all CPG inventory and Work in Progress(WIP) accounts
- Conduct closing process for period end, maintain and develop efficient operation for all inventory accounts.
- Monitor stock counts at primary warehouses and regional warehouses to ensure that stock quantities are accurate, stock count procedures are complied with and assist in processing claims/recovery for stock losses.
- Manage the utilization of the Operating Expenditure (OPEX) budget for the department effectively.
- Prepare monthly activity and performance report on logistics for management attention.
- Conduct and oversee monthly cycle counts and a necessary physical inventory of all materials.
- Manage stock disposal processes and prepare monthly consolidated stock count report.
- Review monthly variance analysis from budget VS actual.
- Ensure prompt processing of authorized Material Requisition Form (MRF) for internal and external clients.
- Manage equipment warranty process.
- Prepare adhoc reports for the Senior Manager, Logistics and periodic reports on the material status to management
Job Conditions: Open plan office. Extended work hours. Minimum qualification is 2.2 or equivalent
- 8 years working experience including;
- Five (5) years consistent work experience covering similar functions in multinational information technology and telecommunications companies.
- Three (3) years project management experience.
- Three (3) years management experience in a similar role.
- B.Sc or HND Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- PMP Certification (added advantage)
- An MBA or MSc in a related field will be an added advantage.
This vacancy expires on September 29, 2009
Offer has Now expired