Posted on :
10 Nov, 2009
10 Nov, 2009
Adexen on behalf of their client Electromechanical Engineering & Construction company specialized in the design and implementation of major construction and maintenance projects in the commercial and industrial sectors.
The company is looking for a MEP Project Manager for a large construction project based in Lagos.
The MEP Project manager will be responsible of full MEP works. He will need to have a good understanding of the full lifecycle of a project. He will be responsible of preparing the detailed schedule for this and any new project including time schedule, resources schedule, material purchasing schedule, plant schedule and engineering contractual requirements.
1. Maintain and prepare workforce projection.
2. Track and report scope changing, project schedule and budget.
3. Coordinate, track and review project schedule.
4. Review of construction submittals, approvals, procurements and progress of activities.
5. Evaluate design changes and their effects on the project schedule.
6. Preparation of invoice and cash flow.
7. Administer all contract documents from design stages to the tender process through to contract closeout including variations and issue resolution for design.
8. Maintain communication/correspondence between the company and the client (consultant), in the Electrical and Mechanical areas (HVAC, Plumbing, Fire Fighting, Low & Medium Voltage and Low Current electrical systems).
* Bachelor or Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
* Minimum 5 years experience in project management.
* Good Time Management skills, negotiation, man-management, organisation, scheduling and planning skills
* Craft skills are very desirable including welding and workshop practice
* Computer skills:Good knowledge of Primavera/MS project and AutoCAD.
* Languages skills: English is a must.French is an advantage.Mechanical Engineering degree or professional qualification in Mechanical field or any equivalent combination of education and experience that could produce the same competences
What is on offer
Global expatriate package
If your experience, personal characteristics and qualifications meet the position specifications and your personal objectives are to seek such a challenge, then we would like to hear from you with details of your current earnings, up to date CV and explanation as to why your achievements to date fit you for consideration.