Mercy Corps, An International Humanitarian Organization is looking for a suitable candidate to fill a very strategic position within ENGINE team in Abuja. We are looking for motivated individuals, who are enthusiastic about the work we do and are looking to work within a dynamic team in the capacity below:
Job Title: Graduate Program Assistant (ENGINE)
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- The ENGINE Program Assistant will support the implementation of a 3-year project to reduce financial and education barriers for marginalized Nigerian adolescent girls and young women.
- The goals of the ENGINE program are to increase girls’ and young women’s access to (1) financial education and life skills; (2) peer-to-peer networks and mentors; and (3) direct assets (materials and savings).
- ENGINE will integrate young women into value chains as well as conduct other market-driven employment opportunities.
- ENGINE will also work with girls in formal and informal education to increase their learning opportunities and outcomes to prepare them for future economic activities.
- ENGINE will be implemented in FCT/Abuja, Lagos, Kano, and Kaduna States. Mercy Corps serves is the lead implementing partner for ENGINE.
General Position Summary
- The Program Assistant will support for implementation of ENGINE activities in FCT.
- This position will ensure ENGINE program implementation is responsive to marginalized Nigerian girls, their communities and skill-based centers, and coordinate activities that transition marginalized girls into economic activities.
- Support the implementation of program activities listed in FCT program work plan to ensure they are implemented on time, target and budget.
- Work with ENGINE Community/School volunteers to deploy training on safe space curricula
- Develop programmatic reports and provide report feedbacks to schools and communities promptly
- Advocate for the inclusion of marginalized girls and for girls to be active in non-traditional sectors at the household and community level and within Nigerian vocational and skills-based education.
- In collaboration with M&E staff, implement relevant need assessments, data and information collection for on-going monitoring.
- Support direct implementation of community level activities to targeted stakeholders to showcase progress and learnings so as to acquire more support from the gate-keepers
- Achieve consistent advocacy to gatekeepers and stakeholders to ensure that marginalized girls enroll and complete their education cycle across implementation states.
- Support technical aspects of school to work programming for ENGINE program including increasing economic assets for marginalized girls through savings clubs and links to financial institutions.
- Monitor Girls fora and Savings group activities and other project sustainability structures in the designated schools and communities.
Knowledge and Experience
- A relevant degree in Education, Management, Social Sciences, International Development or other relevant field.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in education, gender- focused, skills building program.
- Experience managing secondary education or school to work and especially targeting marginalized girls or young women programs required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English required, including report development, writing and editing.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
- A clear understanding of program implementation as well as willingness and ability to comply with Mercy Corps and donor policies and procedures is essential.
- Personal integrity, honesty and transparency is essential.
- Ability to interact effectively with community stakeholders and staff members is required.
- A demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and develop quality reports is necessary.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV’s and Cover Letter in one document, addressing the position requirements to: [email protected]
- Application must include the position title in the subject line and not more than 4 pages.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- We are an equal opportunity organization and we strongly encourage women to apply for this position
Application Deadline 22nd June, 2016.