Microsoft is the worldwide leader in software, services, devices and solutions, founded in 1975. As a leader in platform and productivity for the mobile-first, cloud-first world, we believe in what people make possible.
Applications are invited for the position below:
Job Title: Marketing Internship
Area of work: Sales, marketing, promotion
- World-Class Skills is about Microsoft’s plans to develop a self-sustaining, world-class education platform, both online and offline, to help Africans develop skills for entrepreneurship and improved employability and competitiveness.
- Microsoft, in partnership with the host organization, offer you a unique opportunity to kick start your career.
- The internship program will provide you with a real-world work experience and new skills while working for a leading technology organization on the African continent.
A marketing intern should have:
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Very good organisational skills
- Should be persuasive and know how to negotiate
- Should be hardworking and willing to do a lot of legwork at the grassroots level if required
- Knowledge of Web and social media will be a plus
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to prioritise in a changing environment.
- Good interpersonal skills and follow up skills
- Proactive problem prevention and issue resolution leadership ability
- Leadership potential
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Assist in the preparation, distribution or delivery of marketing materials
- Assist with fulfilment of marketing offers
- Assist with execution of trade shows
- Perform analysis of marketing and sales data
- Seek and analyse competitor marketing and sales materials both on and offline
- Prepare presentations
- Open and sort mail
- Enter contact information into contact management systems
- Provide support to social media efforts
- Maintain tracking report of public relations activity
- Update and maintain social media presence
- Assist in planning, writing and managing monthly newsletter
- Draft, distribute and pitch news releases, media alerts and other stories
- Designing flyers, graphics, e-vites and other marketing material for events hosted
- Update the organisation’s website when needed
- Organise and attend monthly marketing committee meeting including preparing agenda and taking minutes
- Collaborating with staff on new ideas, directions, and venues for marketing and communications
Required relevant work experience:
- Digital content development and editing (social media, blogs, etc.)
- Interpersonal communication
- Written communication
- Verbal communication
- Problem solving
- English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Job Start Date
Tuesday, 15th November, 2016.
Job End Date
Wednesday, 31st May, 2017.
Application Closing Date
14th November, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online