Microsoft is the worldwide leader in software, services, devices and solutions, founded in 1975. As a leader in platform and productivity for the mobile-first, cloud-first world, we believe in what people make possible. Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.“I am because we are” – the popular African proverb asserts. It also best describes our relationship with the continent of Africa over the last 20 years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sales Internship
Contract type: Temporary
Job type: Full Time
Area of work: Sales, marketing, promotion
- World-Class Skills is about Microsoft’s plans to develop a self-sustaining, world-class education platform, both online and offline, to help Africans develop skills for entrepreneurship and improved employability and competitiveness.
- Microsoft, in partnership with the host organization, offer you a unique opportunity to kick start your career.
- The internship program will provide you with a real-world work experience and new skills while working for a leading technology organization on the African continent.
- A sales intern must have:
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Very good organizational skills should be persuasive and know how to negotiate well
- Must be good with numbers as well.
- Should be hardworking and willing to do a lot of legwork at the grassroots level if required
- Learn about different aspects of the sales cycle and also different techniques used for sales
- Work under a supervisor, for example, shadow a sales person or accompany the account executives and operations personnel during sales calls and meetings in their allotted area
- May be asked to work at the client help desk and solve customer queries, prepare customer contracts and make strategies for new business development
- May also work on special projects
- May learn sales techniques to be used over the telephone and have to make a targeted number of phone calls
- Learn company culture and company products and service on offer to consumers
- May have to research ways to reach the target consumers
- May need to organize client contact lists and schedule updates
- Administrative duties related to the sales process
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline
- Customer service
- Presentation skills
- Verbal communication
- Product demonstration and promotion
- Problem solving
- Sales support
- English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Job Start Date
15th November, 2016.
Job End Date
31st May, 2017.
Application Closing Date
14th November, 2016.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: If you have already applied and wanted to change some information, please send an update to [email protected] We won’t accept any new application through e-mail.