Mobil Nigeria is a subsidiary of Exxon Mobil. The Company operates in the integrated oil and gas industry. Mobil Oil Nigeria is engaged in the production and marketing of petrochemicals (gasoline, motor oils, lubricants, marine and jet fuels, etc.), packaging films and other chemical products. Through its wholly owned subsidiaries, Mobil operates a worldwide oil and gas exploration and producing business, a global marketing and refining complex, a network of pipelines and tankers linking
Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited, a subsidiary of Exxon Mobil, is seeking graduates to fill the position of: Trainee Drilling Supervisor.
Job Title: Trainee Drilling Supervisor
The successful candidate will provide day to day on-site supervision of drilling operations and make reports to the Drilling Operations Superintendent.
Other responsibilities include:
- Stewarding continuous compliance with Safety, Security, Health and Environment (SSH&E) policies and responsible for implementation of OIMS on the rig
- Making key decisions in an emergency situation to prevent injuries, well catastrophes as well as significant additional cost
- Serving as the primary contact with the rig and third party personnel at the rig site to ensure operations are performed in accordance with the drilling program in a safe and cost-effective manner
- Ensuring drilling procedures are followed as planned and conducted in an optimum manner
- Organizing and ordering the necessary services and equipment to conduct drilling and testing operations
- Ensuring that the rig and third party equipment is adequately and properly maintained
- Maintaining inventory of all equipment/materials/supplies to ensure smooth ongoing operations
- Ensuring compliance with all government and other statutory regulations; including education of all personnel on rigs on safety and related issues
- Maintaining accurate and adequate reports regarding operations, equipment and evaluation.
Requirements of Candidate
The ideal candidate for the Trainee Drilling Supervisor position must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree (B.Sc./B. Tech./B. Eng.) with a minimum of second class upper division in any of the following disciplines – Mechanical, Chemical, Civil or Petroleum Engineering
- At least one year post-NYSC oilfield experience
- Strong leadership, verbal and written communication skills
- A team player with good interpersonal skill
- Any prior experience as Driller, Tool-Pusher, or Drilling / Well site Supervisor, Completions / Down-hole Tools / Fishing hand or as a Drilling Quality specialist will be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
31 July, 2013
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online