Posted on :
25 Jul, 2012
25 Jul, 2012
Mynigerianguide.com is an upcoming biggest online advertisement website to hit Nigeria. It is designed to provide online advertisement opportunities that will help Nigerian based business to market themselves nationally and globally. It will suit small, medium and large scale businesses, enterprises, the employed, self-employed, skilled and unskilled workers.
Post: Sales and Marketing Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria.
Our key objective is to give unprecedented national and global exposure to Nigerian businesses, products and services by providing online advertisement to suit all business, product and service category at an affordable low rate while at the same time bridging the gap and making acquisition of information easier. The site will serve as a gateway/first reference point for information about Nigerian businesses, product and services.
We are seeking for ambitious, committed, energetic, self motivated individuals looking for a growth opportunity in a progressive and challenging company. Great commitment to excellence and attention to details. A strong team player and leader, initiative and adaptability. Client sensitive with ability to communication at different levels. Capability to build effective working relationships with internal and external parties. Logical approach to problem solving and ability to quickly gain new skills and knowledge with great easy.
Interested candidates will be the pioneers of the company. We are schedule to launch in October but successful candidates will commence work in September in preparation for the launch.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Manage a team of sales representatives to achieve agreed sales targets on a month by month basis.
• Responsible for achieving a personal sales target to be agreed by the Director
• Conduct weekly one-to-one meetings with teams and implement agreed changes which will improve growth and productivity.
• Produce daily, weekly and monthly sales reports for review with the Director and other members of the Management Team.
• Oversee sales, contract fulfilment and payments.
• Coach the team on best-practice for sales and marketing through one-to-one training and live sales meetings.
• Conducting weekly reviews of you team performance across a range of performance measures
• Responsible for follow up on any relevant issues with management and in particular early notification of any under performance by team members against target.
• Assisting the Director in analysis of weekly and monthly sales team performance reviews and in developing new sales initiatives.
• Occasional long days and weekend working required
Knowledge and Experience
• Experienced as a sales and marketing team leader / manager, responsible for the management of a sales team of five plus representatives.
• Has benefited from regular sales and marketing training experience and has undertaken regular sales and marketing team management training.
• Ability to thrive on working to targets and has the ability to work alongside and enthuse a team of sales executives.
• Able to contribute to sales and marketing strategy and develop new business initiatives.
• High level of communication, networking and influencing skills.
• Higher National Diploma (HND) holder and above
• Experience in outdoor sells and marketing and telemarketing
• High level of motivation, with the ability to coach and train a team to drive sales.
• Target driven.
• Able to work efficiently and effectively under pressure.
Interested candidates should forward their CV and cover letter to [email protected]
NB: interested candidates should ideally be local residence and has good knowledge of the following areas of Lagos or willing to commute to any of these location daily: Ajah, Lekki, Victoria Island, Ikoyi, Lagos Island, Ikeja, Surulere, Apapa, Festac, Amuwo Odofin, Yaba, Ojo, Badagry, Anthony, Gbagada, ilupeju, mushin, Ikotu, Egbeda, Iyana ipaja, Ikorodu, ketu.
Please state your preferred location on the subject of your email.
Closing Date: 31 August 2012.