Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, is one Agencies under the Federal Ministry of Science and Technology (FMST). NACETEM is vested with the mandate of training and developing middle to high level manpower and conducting policy research in areas of Science, Technology and innovation (STI) management for industrial and economic development. The Agency among other things, provides critical knowledge support to Government in the use of S&T for development, runs Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Technology Management at its headquarters and zonal offices as well as MTech in Technology Management in collaboration with all the Federal University of technology, (FUT) Minna.
NACETEM has five (5) zonal offices located at Lagos (South- West office), Bayelsa (South-South office), Abuja (North-Central office), Kano (North West office), Enugu (South East office) including the headquarters office at Ile-Ife, Osun State.
Applications are now invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position of the Director-General/Chief Executive Officer of the Agency. The candidates therefore expected to reside at lie- Ife where the headquarters office is domiciled while also coordinating the activities of the five zonal offices.
Job Title: Director General
Location: Osun State
- Coordination of the Agency’s activities including strategic planning and its day to day management.
- Coordination of the activities of the zonal offices and provision of sense of direction for the zones
- Provision of evidence based policy advice to government in operations and management of the National Innovation System
- Preparation of academic programmes towards capacity building in STI management through short-term courses, M. Tech/M.Sc, PGD, workshops and conferences
- Provision of leadership in development of proposals for various research projects conducted by the Agency
- Preparation and presentation of budget for consideration by the Supervising Ministry and the appropriate committees of the National Assembly
- Staff promotion, appointment and preparation of quarterly progress reports
- Serving as Chairman, Tenders Board, Academic Advisory Board, Procurement Planning Committee, among others.
- Candidates seeking appointment into the position above must possess a Ph. D in Technology Management/related disciplines or in Sciences, Engineering or Economics with at least 15 years postgraduation cognate experience,
- He or she must not be below the rank of Director in the Federal Public Service (Research Institute) or professor in the University at the moment. The candidate must have relevant publications (at least 20 journal articles and 15 seminar/conference papers)
- He or she must have verifiable track records in administration either in the Public Service (Research Institute) or in the University
Application Closing Date
23th December, 2013
Method of Application
Applications, which should be addressed to the Chairman, Governing Board and marked “for the Attention of Administration and Secretary to the Governing Board of NACETEM” should reach the office within 23rd December, 2013 with the following:
- 10 copies of typewritten Curriculum Vitae giving details of Age, Educational Qualifications, Local Government of Origin, Experience, Present Post and Current Salary.
- Photocopies of credentials alongside NYSC Discharge/Exemption Certificates.
- Two recent passport-sized photographs.
- Names and addresses of three referees who must be requested by applicant to forward their confidential reports to the Permanent Secretary, Federal Ministry of Science and Technology, Federal Secretariat, Abuja.
National Centre for Technology Management (NACETEM)
Federal Ministry of Science & Technology
A parastatal of the Federal Ministry of Science & Technology)
Obafemi Awolowo University
P.M.B 012 Ile-Ife, Nigeria
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 08052001242, 07030412717