Posted on :
24 Sep, 2009
24 Sep, 2009
The National Open University of Nigeria is one of the biggest universities in Nigeria in terms of the number of students. The university specializes in offering open and distance learning at tertiary stage.
Today, National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) invites applications from suitable and qualified candidates to fill the vacant positions of study center Managers at its following study Centers:
1. Awka Study Centre, Anambra State
2. Kano Study Centre, Kano State
3. Maiduguri Study Center, Borno State
4. Port Harcourt Study Center, Rivers State
5. Yola Study Center, Adamawa State
A network of community Resources study center is being progressively established and will comprise Regional, State, and Local Government study centers. Students will use any study center within their immediate locality to collect instructional materials, access instruction and multi-media delivery routes, tutorials and Counseling services. They will also submit and collect Tutor Marked Assignment (TMA) through such study Centers and use information Communication Technology (ICT) effective management system is required to support and enhance the instructional functions of the Open and Distance learning system in Nigeria.
Applicants for the position must:
• Be experienced academic or administrative staff, not below the rank of a Reader /Associate professor, Director or equivalent: Persons below salary of HATISS 14 OR UASS 6 or equivalent need not apple.
• Have served management capacities including Affairs Officers with a Department or Division, Academic Affairs Officers with a minimum of ten (10) years Cognate Experience.
• Possess a minimum of PhD Degree in any of the professional fields of studies such as the liberal Arts, Humanities, Law, Science, Engineering, Applied Medicine and the Social Sciences.
Salaries and other Conditions of Service:
The post of the study centre Manager is a full-time appointment and attracts the following remunerations:
I. For academic staff of the status of Reader /Associate professor or professor, the salary is UASS 6 or 7 respectively
II. For applicants with administrative, technical or professional background, who are not below the status of Deputy Registrar or Director, the salary is HATISS 14 or 15 respectively.
Method of Application:
Interested candidates should submit ten (10) copies of their applications and detailed Curriculum vitae, stating their full names; Date of birth, State Of Origin/Domicile; Nationality; Marital Status; Permanent Home Address (not P.O Box or P.M. B ) Current Postal /Contact Address (with GSM phone numbers and e-mail addresses ) Institution Attended ( with dates) Academic and Professional Qualifications with dates; Honours, Distinctions and Membership of Learned Societies and Professional Bodies; Publications (where applicable ) ; Working Experience; Present Employment, Status and Employer; Extra-Curricula Activities; Names and Addresses of three (3) referees and ten (10) sets photocopies of credentials.
Applications should be submitted in sealed envelope to
National Open University of Nigeria
14/16 Ahmadu Bello way
Requests to assume duty on secondment will not be entertained once offers of appointment have been accepted by successful candidate.
Closing Date: 8th October 2009.