Posted on :
28 Jan, 2011
28 Jan, 2011
The above scholarship came out in The Nation newspaper on 10th August 2010. I can’t post all the details here because i only glanced through the paper but what i have below should do.
1. Indigene of Niger delta
2. You must have been given admission into any recognised foreign university, for Post Graduate studies (masters or Phd) in Engineering, Medicine, sciences, etc.
3. You must provide a recommendation letter 4rm either a recognised chief or trad ruler, high court judge, L.G.A. chairman, House of rep member, senator etc.
4. For MSc must be less than 30yrs and for Phd., less than 35 years.
5. For MSc., you must have at least a 2.2 from a reputable university.
6. For Phd., a masters degree from a reputable university.
The real website is http://www.nddc.gov.ng/ I don’t know why the website in the original advert is wrong.
Wish you guys the best of luck. Please you should have scanned copies of the following documents before you start the application:
1. Your admission letter.
2. Local Goverment Identification.
3. Passport photograph.
4. Degree certificates
5. Recommendation/Attestation from any of the listed personalities in (#3) above.
Read the conditions as on the site:
1. Applicant must be Indigene of Niger Delta Origin
2. This scholarship scheme is designed for interested applicants who have already secured admission into an institution of higher learning overseas.
3. NDDC will not undertake the responsibility of securing relevant travel visa(s) for applicants.
4. NDDC will not undertake the responsibility of securing and/or paying for flight / travel to the country of study.
5. Double application under different names or aliases will be detected and void application.
6. Application is FREE online, no person, group or establishment has been authorized to assist those who wish to apply. NDDC will never ask for any money to facilitate this process.
7. Only successful candidates will be contacted, there is no need for physical representation or solicitation.
8. All relevant documents supporting your program and admission are to be scanned and attached to this application form. There is no need to submit or post hard copies of such documents in any form to NDDC.
Closing 30th of August.