Posted on :
8 Jun, 2010
8 Jun, 2010
A reputable international NGO that supports the building of democratic societies with Support form USAID seeks qualified applicants to fill the following vacancies in its Abuja office.
ADMINISTRATIVE & FINANCE MANAGER
• Responsible for fiscal management, payment supervision, field accounting and reporting, cash requests.
• Supervision of banking activities, management of staff advances, maintenance of accrual information, and monitoring and auditing of sub-grantee finances
• Responsible for assisting the Program Manager in organizing and coordinating program activities.
• Contributing to reports, and performing other programmatic duties as required,
• Responsible for assisting the Program Offices in organizing and coordinating program activities.
• Contributing to reports and performing other programmatic duties as required.
• Responsible for researching product specifications, standards, and suppliers;
• Preparing purchase orders and contracts;
• Ensuring adherence to procurement, logistics, and warehousing standards and regulations;
• Coordinating pre-shipment inspections, customs clearance, and inland distribution;
• Processing payments to vendors; and supervising drivers.
MONITORING AND EVALUATION (M&E) SPECIALIST
• Responsible for coordinating the monitoring and evaluation of program activities;
• Guiding the development, revision, and approval of the M&E plan; and ensuring regular collection, compilation, and reporting of accurate indicator data.
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (IT) SPECIALIST
• Responsible for managing information systems and practices, supporting staff in maintaining computer equipment and updating software.
• Ensuring continuous Internet connectivity in the office and leading the development and maintenance of any organizational databases.
• Responsible for assisting the operations Manager with finance management and reporting
• Responsible for maintaining vehicle and fuel logs;
• Monitoring and maintaining the condition of vehicles; and
• Transporting people supplies or letters as required.
• Responsible for preparing communications for supervisor;
• Taking minutes at meetings;
• Collecting, processing, distributing, and filing incoming and outgoing documents;
• Maintaining schedules for supervisors
GARDNER / CLEANER
• Responsible for maintaining organization and cleanliness of office guesthouse and premises; and
• Providing assistance with administrative tasks and events.
Highest consideration will be given to applicants who demonstrate strong and proven track record with democracy and governance work.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested applicants should forward their type written application, current resume, copies of certificates and three references by email to:[email protected]
Only applications sent by email will be considered and short listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for these vacancies is 17th June, 2010.