The Nigerian Navy (NN) is a branch of the Nigerian Armed Forces. The Nigerian Navy is among the largest Navies on the African continent, consisting of several personnel, including those of the Coast Guard. The Nigerian Navy invites applications from qualified Nigerians for 2013 Direct Short Service Commission into the Nigerian Navy In The Under-Listed Departments:
- Accounts and Budget
- Human Resource Management
- Naval Information
- Information and Communication Technology
- Legal Services
NIGERIAN NAVY DIRECT SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION – DSSC COURSE 22 RECRUITMENT 2013
ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS FOR DIRECT SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION – DSSC COURSE 22
Entry Criteria for each role is found below:
Applications are invited from qualified Nigerians for Direct Short Service Commission into the Nigerian Navy in the under-listed departments:
||ACCOUNTS AND BUDGET
||Applicants must possess a BSc/HND in Accountancy or Banking and Finance. ACA, ACCA, ACMA, CPA is an added advantage.
||Applicants must possess a Bachelor’s Degree from a registered institution of theology from either of the following:
- Catholic Mission
- Protestant Mission
Applicants must have completed one year apprenticeship in Apostolic Ministry and recommended from the pastoral missions. Diploma certificates from either the Protestant or Catholic Ministry will be an added advantage. Applicants in addition to qualifications required must be duly ordained clergy of their respective Christian faith.
||Applicants must possess B.Ed, BA or BSc in any of the following fields:
- Computer Science.
- Political Science/International Relations.
- Guidance and Counseling.
- Library Science.
||Applicants must possess a BSc or HND or equivalent qualifications in the following fields:
- Naval Architecture/Ship Design.
- Mechanical/Marine Engineering.
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
- Aeronautical Engineering.
Membership of Council of Registered Engineers of Nigeria (COREN) will be an added advantage.
||HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
||Applicants must possess a B.Sc, BA, HND or equivalents in Personnel Management, Public Administration and Human Resource Management. Membership of NIM and other relevant bodies is an added advantage.
||Applicants must possess a BSc Degree or HND in Land Survey or Cartography or GIS Membership of NIS is an added advantage. Applicants with BSc Degree in Physics and Mathematics must possess a Post Graduate Diploma in Land Survey to be eligible.
||Applicants must possess BA or HND in Mass Communication, Journalism or Printing Technology. Knowledge of ICT and membership of Nigerian Institute of Public Relations will be an added advantage.
||INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY
||Applicants must possess B.Sc/B.Tech in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, B.Eng Electronics and B.Eng Computer. Priority will be given to candidates with relevant qualification in website design, ORACLE, CISCO and JAVA certifications coupled with relevant working experience.
||Applicants must possess BA Degree in Islamic studies with special reference to Islamic Jurisprudence and Theology. Applicants with Post-Graduate Diploma in Islamic studies must have 5years experience. Applicants must be able to read and write in English Language.
||Applicants must possess LL.B and BL with 3years post call experience. Possession of LLM and specialization in maritime Law, commercial Law, IHL and LOAC is an added advantage.
- Quantity Survey: Minimum of BSc/HND Quantity Survey.
- Building Engineering: Minimum of BSc/HND Building Engineering.
- Structural Engineering: Minimum of BSc/HND in Structural Engineering required.
- Architecture: MSc Architecture is required.
- Land Survey: Bsc or HND in Land Survey, Geoinformatics or Cartography. Certificate in GIS and membership of NIS will be an added advantage.
- Civil Engineering: Minimum of BSc/HND Civil Engineering is required.
- Estate Management: BSc/HND in Estate Management is required.
- Dietician: BSc/HND in Dietetics / Nutrition Science is required.
Membership of relevant professional bodies will be an added advantage.
- Medical Doctors: (General Duty Medical Officers) MBBS or equivalent qualification required. Certificate of full registration and current license to practice from MDCN are relevant. Academic BSc degree holders are not required
- Radiography: Minimum of BSc/HND required.
- Nursing: BNSc/SRN or SRM with post basic qualification in a nursing field. Sub specializations such as ICU, A&E, Theatre, and Anesthesia will be an added advantage.
- Medical Records: Minimum of BSc/HND required.
- Dental Surgeons
- Lab Scientists:Minimum of BSc/HND Medical Lab Sciences
- Clinical Psychologist: BSc/MSc Clinical Psychology other professional certificates will be an added advantage.
- Pharmacy: Minimum of BPharm is required. Possession of other professional certificate will be an added advantage.
- Bio-medical Engineer: Minimum of BSc/HND Biomedical Engineering is required.
||Applicants must possess a BSc or HND from recognize institution in Nautical Sciences. A professional certificate from relevant maritime institutions is an added advantage.
GENERAL INFORMATION TO CANDIDATES
- Applicants are warned against giving false information or tendering fake certificates. Any false information or fake certificates discovered at any stage will lead to disqualification and subsequent prosecution of the applicant.
- Applicants must possess a minimum of Second Class upper for holders of First degree and upper Credit for HND holders. Computer literacy will be an added advantage.
- Applicants must possess certificates of full registration with their respective statutory professional bodies in Nigeria.
- Male applicants must not be less than 1.70 meters tall while female applicants must not be less than 1.67 meters tall.
- Applicants should be between 22 and 28 years of age by 31st December 2013 except Doctors, Lawyers, Architects, Imams and Chaplains who should not be more than 30 years. THOSE OVER 28 AND 30 YEARS AS APPLICABLE NEED NOT APPLY.
- Applicants will be shortlisted for qualifying aptitude test and the result placed on the website, notices will be duly published in national dailies.
- Applicants are to choose a centre of their choice for the qualifying Aptitude Test.
- Short-listed candidates for the aptitude test will be published on this portal on 17th July 2013.
- Qualifying Aptitude Tests will hold on 20 July 2013 at 8.00 AM in the following centres:
- Abuja – Command Day Secondary School, Mogadishu Barracks.
- Bauchi – Command Day Secondary School, Shadawanka Barracks.
- Enugu – Command Secondary School, Abakpa Barracks.
- Lagos – Nigerian Navy Secondary School, Ojo.
- Port-Harcourt – Nigerian Navy Secondary School, Borokiri.
- Kaduna – Command Secondary School, Kaduna.
- Names of successful candidates during the qualifying Aptitude Test will be published in national dailies for further screening.
- Applicants are to bring the following to the Aptitude Test Centres.
- Application Form duly signed by all required parties.
- Photocopies of Certificates including NYSC Discharge Certificate.
- Please note that any attempt to inundate the Naval Headquarters with letters from any quarters by any applicant will be viewed as a ploy to undermine the enlistment process and will lead to disqualification of such applicants.
- Application Fee is Two Thousand Five Hundred Naira (N2,500.00) only.
Online Application Starts
3rd June, 2013
Application Closing Date
12th July, 2013
Method of Application
Register to enroll with the Nigerian Navy in five (5) easy steps:
- Step 1: Click on the Buy Voucher menu to purchase an Electronic PIN Code on the Nigerian Navy portal using your MasterCard, eTranzact, Visa, InterSwitch or Verve debit Card. Click here to buy.
- Step 2: Register your Electronic Transaction Reference Code and PIN Code.
- Step 3: Create your account on the portal providing your E-mail (User Name) and Password. Note: You can log in to the portal at any time with your User Name (E-mail) and Password.
- Step 4: Complete the on-line Application Form providing the required information. Note: You are required to print a copy of your completed Application Form.
- Step 5: Visit the portal on 17th July 2013 for the list of short-listed candidates for the aptitude test taking place on 20 July 2013 at 8.00 AM
Click here to start application