Posted on :
17 Apr, 2010
17 Apr, 2010
Nokia is world leading mobile technology provider. Nokia is engaged in the manufacturing of mobile devices and in converging Internet and communications industries, with over 123,000 employees in 120 countries, sales in more than 150 countries and global annual revenue of EUR 41 billion and operating profit of €1.2 billion as of 2009. Nokia is recruiting for the following position in Nigeria.
Product Manager, Nigeria – PRO0000002M
As the Product manager in Nigeria, this role is responsible for evolving existing services portfolio both breath and width to ensure strong relevancy to our targeted consumers, and lead development of new services in Nigeria.
Understand and monitor related competitive efforts and industry developments. Ensure NLT service offerings remain competitive, scalable, reliable, cost-effective and delivers desired functionality.
Develop strong working relationships and communicate effectively with various product management, program management, architecture and engineering teams across the LSU, MEA cluster and global EMS team.
The following responsibilities are applied in the defined scope:
• You will define product requirements, work on roadmap strategies, and manage product implementation in close cooperation with the Product Development, UX and Service Creation teams.
• Is responsible for identifying the service opportunities mapped to specific target consumer groups. This will involve evaluating the gaps in the current services eco-system locally and estimating the service revenue opportunity.
• Inputs in to the service roadmapping and portfolio management process with the MEA EMS Head to capture the market requirements.
• Working together with EMS business manager to identifiy country specific requirements.
• Also ensures that the EMS services portfolio is widely available across the range of relevant devices during the entire device lifetime. This is critical in growing the installed base for the service.
• Tracks competitive offerings, identifies potential content partners and develops the counter offerings.
• Builds consumer insights via market research along with the category marketing teams, market forecast team, market intelligence team, etc.
• Engage with Local Sales Unit team to develop retention strategies, new user acquisitions, etc. Share of best practices among markets in the SU.
• Overall business management, pioneering spirit, Sales focus and drive, Analytical thinking, Market expertise, Networking & Social skills, Influencing, Conflict resolution, Solutions/value/experience sales.
• 6+ years of experience in product management/service creation for mobile devices
• Ideal candidate has track record of positive results launching and growing successful and innovative mobile services.
• Ability to network broadly internally to ensure consensus and buy in for execution plans.
• Ability to understand, inform and document requirements for platform and service APIs
• Solid written and verbal communication skills required. Ability to understand complex technical requirements is a plus.
• Quick learner and self starter. Operate with minimal direction. Comfortable working in a matrix organization and with virtual teams.
Professional & Process Skills
• University degree in technology, Marketing or Business.
• Broad understanding of marketing, service creation, mobile communication, Internet services, media and entertainment industries, consumer electronics, experiences & solutions business.
• Knowledge about key customers and competitors.
• Understanding Nokia strategy and Categories business targets and goals and how to align activities to meet them.
Primary Location: NG-Lagos
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Application Deadline 16th April 2010