UNICEF’s mission in Nigeria is to help governments at all levels, organisations, communities and families provide every child with education, health, equality and protection.
UNICEF Nigeria is recruiting to fill the position of:
Post Title: Nutrition Consultant (CMAM – Logistics)
Vacancy number: VN-NGR-13-2014
Level: National Officer (NOA)
Contract Type: Special Service Agreement (SSA)
Duration: 11 months.
Location: Yobe, Jigawa, Kano, Bomb, Gombe, Adamawa, Bauchi, Katsina, Kebbi, Sokoto and Zamfara.
Purpose of Assignment
The purpose of the Consultancy is to provide support to ensure efficient supply tracking and logistics monitoring at state level to ensure the effective delivery of Nutrition Program including CMAM Intervention in the assigned State.
Major Tasks to be accomplished:
- Provide technical support in preparing forecast for supply requirement and distribution plan within the State to ensure effective implementation of CMAM program.
- In collaboration with state, LGA and PHC logistic focal points, identify potential gaps based on the inventory report to avoid potential supply stock Outs.
- Provide day to day technical assistance to ensure effective implementation of supply chain and logistics activities including monitoring.
- Make a close follow up to ensure the needed support for smooth process of transportation and distribution of Nutrition supplies i.e. RUTF from state level to the final distribution points is provided by State and LGA.
- Conduct supply and logistic monitoring at the state, LGA and PHC level, using designed monitoring tools.
- Conduct regular field/site visits to CMAM sites to monitor effectiveness or supply and logistics system and to assess potential bottlenecks and challenges which are to be addressed.
- Organize and conduct training and coaching in the States, LGA and CMAM Sites including logistics counterparts and partners on logistics activities i.e. supply planning, transport, distribution, warehousing/storage management, inventory control, logistics monitoring, proper and timely record keeping and reporting.
Qualifications or specialized knowledge/experience required:
- University Degree in logistics, supply or in any relevant related field with at least 5 years of relevant experience in supply chain and logistic.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional work experience preferably specifically relevant to planning, implementation, monitoring of supply chain and logistic activities.
- Good supply/logistics management experience required and some exposure in CMAM/nutrition supply including supply distribution, warehouse management and inventory control system.
- Experience in report writing and analysis of quantitative data lean advantage.
- Fluency in English (verbal and writing) required and local Language especially in Hausa language preferred.
Application Closing Date
Tuesday, 29 April 2014.
Method of Application
If you are interested in the position and meet the requirements, please send cover letter (one-page summary statement that describes how your experience and qualification relate to the job description) and a scanned/PDF copy of the completed and signed UN Personal History Form (Please Download Here) to:[email protected] by close of business on Tuesday, 29th April 2014.
Please mention the position title you are applying for on the subject line of your email.
UNICEF a smoke-free environment, is committed to gender equality in its mandate and its staff. Well qualified candidates, particularly women are strongly encouraged to apply