Oando Nigeria Plc is currently seeking a Calibration Engineer.
Job Title: Calibration Engineer
Oando Marketing Limited is currently seeking a Calibration Engineer who reports to the Technical Services Engineer and is responsible for ensuring the proper, accurate and timely calibration of all product storage tanks (including truck tanks), custody transfer vessels / equipment, flow media, pressure or temperature equipment and other measuring devices in OMP’s plants, terminals, VMI sites and retail outlets according to industry standards and regulations at the appropriate time. This role is also responsible for validation and certification of these measurement systems.
(Note: All candidates with less than 3 years post NYSC will be required to pass an aptitude test before they can be considered for interview)
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop adequate work plan to ensure that all OMP’s custody transfer assets (CTA) – tanks, trucks, vessels, equipment, etc companywide are calibrated as at when due and obtain approval for this work plan.
- Ensure prompt calibration of CTAs by due date and according to work plan.
- Proper and accurate implementation of approved calibration procedures.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all calibrations done in OMPlc.
- Develop and maintain viable working relationships with regulators (DPR, Weights & Measures, etc), service providers (calibrators) and customers.
- Continuously track and monitor calibration status of all CTA on a monthly, quarterly, annual basis.
- Publish calibration reports when due to all stakeholders and obtain feedback for follow up and necessary updates/corrections within SLAs.
- Undertake hands-on calibration and certification activities for gas and liquid measurement systems for OMPlc’s facilities.
- Undertake pressure test of tanks and other vessels as required before calibration.
- Carry out frequent physical random checks on calibration teams (internal & external) and publish reports of such checks in allotted time frame.
- Perform accuracy verification checks on measurement procedures and systems.
- Prepare and monitor payment documents for vendors for calibration works satisfactorily completed.
- Actively participate in the maintenance and repairs of OMPlc’s measuring equipment, ensuring that company quality standards and specifications are met.
- Obtain from Installation Engineers signed off evidence of proper sealing of flow meters and other equipment after calibration.
- Advise engineering team on calibration provisions for all new projects.
- Assist Terminal/Plant Operations teams in resolution of stock variance issues.
- Validate calibration tables, charts and reports submitted by calibrators.
- Manage day to day activities associated with calibration including client liaison, calibrators’ equipment certification, etc.
- Ensure all calibration works are carried out in line with Oando EHS procedure.
- To maintain a comprehensive knowledge of up-to-date industry standards and codes of practice for calibration of measuring equipment used by OMPlc.
- Acquire and implement research methodology and procedures to apply principles of calibration to OMP’s operations.
- First degree in Engineering
- Membership of Nigeria Society Of Engineers (optional)
- Minimum of 5 years calibration experience in the petroleum industry.
- Experience of fluid flow measurement and instrumentation projects, in particular the requirements for metering calibration and verification. Must be familiar with the operation of Flow Meters, weighing scales/bridges, as well as conventional and small volume provers.
- Should be familiar with the principles of tank calibration, including the wet and dry (physical strapping, ultrasonic) methods.
- Should be familiar with principles of weighing and calibration of weighing systems.
9th February, 2011
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply online
Click here to apply online