Posted on :
24 Jan, 2015
24 Jan, 2015
Oando PLC is one of Africa’s largest integrated energy solutions providers with a proud heritage. It has a primary listing on the Nigerian Stock Exchange and a secondary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange. With shared values of Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Passion and Professionalism (TRIPP), the Oando Group comprises six companies who are leaders in their market.
Oando Nigeria Limited is recruiting for the below position:
CORPORATE SECURITY MANAGER
The Corporate Security Manager is responsible for both the strategic and operational aspects of security management for Oando Group Plc.
The Corporate Security Manager is responsible for evaluating risks and threats to the Group and ensuring that appropriate actions are taken to mitigate the risk, including espionage and terrorism. He/ She is also responsible for implementing security policies and procedures through security personnel within the Group
§ Responsible for the Group’s operations, information, physical, personnel, technical and cyber security in all locations, including offices, residences, guest houses, terminals, installations, facilities, platforms, equipment, bases, pipelines, wells and any other location so designated. Advices management on all matters related to security, including matters related to engagement or contracting of security guards/ companies.
§ Plan, develop and implement all approved Corporate Security Policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and risk & vulnerability audit recommendations for Oando Group Plc. Ensure that all facilities are in compliance with corporate security policies, Federal, State and Local Government security and safety requirements and policies.
• Assist in the oversight of the day to day activities, providing security management and vision necessary to ensure the Group has the necessary security protection, controls and procedures.
• Develop and administer security programmes to guard against theft, vandalism, violence, or other threats against the Group or its employees. Recommend protection measures.
• Develop and conduct training on personnel security awareness education, communications security (COMSEC), operational security (OPSEC), telephone security (TELSEC) procedures, defensive travel, non-disclosure responsibilities and other corporate security policies. Provides security training to all employees, contractors, alliances, and other third parties on general security key areas such as VIP protection, access control, travel, aviation and loss prevention.
• Evaluate threats to the company’s image and physical property and implement necessary actions to mitigate the risk.
• Responsible for the coordination of executive protection and travel advisories. Review all travels and manage safety strategies related to moderate and high risk locations.
• Maintain excellent working relationship including operational and administrative contacts with Government security forces including the Army, Navy, Air force, Police and Department of State Security in order to ensure necessary support and facilitate the flow of intelligence. Serve as the primary interface between management and all government forces and security agencies.
• Provide advice and guidance to operating units to minimize risk exposure to incident and conduct regular security rounds and facility visits to assess policy compliance and risk level of facilities.
• Supervises the issuance of Access Control Authorisations and ensure that Security Operations Centres are fully functional. Coordinate Emergency Operations Centre activities during crisis situation, and heads the Security Crisis Team.
• Initiate, facilitate, and promote activities to foster information Security awareness within the organization. Monitor internal control systems to ensure that appropriate information access levels and security clearances are maintained as well as compliance with the employees. Ensures adequate handling controls are in place for all confidential information.
Key Performance Indicators:
• Effectiveness in managing risks and proactive in proffering solutions to any security threats to lives and property.
• Effectiveness in getting intelligence report and usage.
• Good first degree.
• 5 – 10 years work experience within the Military/Police/ Paramilitary organisation
• Oil & Gas facility operations
• Operations strategy execution
• Intelligence gathering
• Good Interpersonal Skills
• Analytical skills
• Networking & Relationship Management
• Initiative & a keen/acute sense of judgment, decisiveness and self-discipline
• Politically Savvy
• Oral & Written Communication
DUE DATE: 4 February, 2015