Oando Plc is sub-Saharan Africa’s leading integrated energy group providing audacious and imaginative solutions to the region’s energy challenges. At Oando, we believe a highly skilled workforce in a conducive work environment that promotes and rewards continuous learning, will facilitate the achievement of business goals.
Job Title: Financial Reporting Manager
Ref Code FRM///26619
The Financial Reporting Accountant provides technical and administrative support to the Financial Controller in executing Oando Energy Resources Inc. (OER) financial management strategies that aim to ensure the continued efficiency, profitability and growth of the Company and its subsidiaries.
The role is responsible for day-to-day supervision of transactions processing; preparing accurate records of all the Company’s finance and accounting transactions with a view to ensuring consistent and accurate reports that reflect a true and fair view of the Company’s financial position at all times. Responsibilities also cover Assets and Liabilities Management, enabling adequate levels of liquidity and working capital to be maintained at all times.
The incumbent will also be responsible for provision of detailed management information for all entities within the Oando Energy Resources Inc. (OER).
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Accountable for ensuring our policies and procedures are in line with IFRS
- Prepares consolidated Financial Statements for group of companies
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information
- Assist in preparation of annual budget and quarterly forecasts
- Ensure that Fixed Asset sub-ledger is maintained and reconciles to the G/L
- Responsible for coordination of Internal Audit, External Audits and C-SOX work
- Prepares monthly Leadership reports and quarterly reports for the Board including MD&A
- Accountable for reconciliation of and assisting in the confirmation of general ledger accounts.
- Liaise and provide reports to governmental bodies such as DPR, NAPIMS, and FIRS etc.
- Prepare and provide upstream technical analysis such as ARO, SMOG, Decommissioning, Ceiling test, impairment etc.
- Responsible for timely month end, quarterly and annual closings in line with closing schedule as prescribed by the controller and corporate accounting group
- Preparing journal entries and account analysis, tracing errors, researching and correcting account discrepancies and maintaining various accounting reports.
- Ensure that physical inventory counts take place annually.
- Ensure the assets are properly recorded and depreciated / assess capital vs. expense treatment
- Responsible for preparation of Monthly P& L and Balance Sheet for each asset.
- Conduct variance analysis together with assigned assets budget holders of actual results vs. budget and current period vs. prior periods.
- Responsible for WHT, Payroll tax and VAT payment.
- Generating, maintaining, and distributing monthly client billings and cash call on partners. Resolve partners issues as it relates to accounting and finance
- Track, update and maintain records of lifting positions on assets on a monthly basis
- Understand and maintain accounting responsibilities as agreed with partners in JOA
- Actively participate in internal and external audits.
- Supports the defined needs of the Accounting Department and the organization, including
- Attend Leadership meetings when CFO or Controller is out of the office
Key Performance Indicators
- Accuracy of transaction processing (posting of entries etc.)
- Accuracy of accounting schedules prepared
- Level of un-reconciled items in accounts handled
- Quality and timeliness of accounting reports produced
- Level of adherence to regulatory/statutory reporting guidelines and timelines
- Quality and ease of retrieval of financial information/documents and reports
- Transaction turnaround times
Qualification and Experience
- B.S. degree in Accounting
- MBA will be of added advantage
- Public Accounting experience preferred
- ACA is required
- 5-8 years of experience
- Solid written and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of Upstream business and accounting.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Oil & Gas Industry Dynamics
- Product Knowledge
- Foreign Exchange and Money Markets
- Finance & Investment Management
- Assets and Liabilities Management
- Financial Analysis and Interpretation
- Portfolio Management
- Nigerian and international Oil & Gas Industry
- Business Performance Monitoring
- Relationship Management
- Oral & Written Communication
- PC Utilisation
Apply Online here