Posted on :
4 Apr, 2010
A multinational Oil and Gas company with strong base in Port Harcourt, Rivers State. They have strong history of operations in Nigeria and due to expansion in their activities in their Onshore and Offshore fields, Professional service opportunities exist on contract basis for ambitious and result oriented individuals in the following Technical areas:
Job Title: SENIOR LOSS PREVENTION/SAFETY ENGINEER
• The position will have significant loss prevention management responsibilities by providing safety engineering input, in particular hazard identification, risk assessment and technical audits.
• B. Eng in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of Second Upper division. A Masters Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering will be an added advantage.
Experience and Skills
• Minimum of 7 years Health Safety and Environment experience, of which 5 years must be in a similar position in the oil and gas industry.
• Recognised level of knowledge in process and/or oil and gas exploitation discipline.
• Thorough knowledge of Loss Prevention standards and procedures and major hazards management
• Thorough knowledge of risk assessment techniques and management (HAZOP, HAZID, HAZAN, QRA, etc.) and other safety engineering reviews.
• Professionally trained in recognized HSE Management Systems standards (OHSAS 18001 :2007)
Method of Application
If you meet the requirements specified in the job profiles for the positions above and you are interested in pursuing a career in an Oil and Gas company, then send your application online with detailed CV and stating the position being applied for to this address: [email protected]
Closing Date: 5th April, 2010.