MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
MTN Nigeria is recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Product Development Manager, Prepaid
Reporting To: Senior Manager ,Product Development & Support
- Input into the development and implementation of business strategies from a product perspective.
- Identify current and evolving opportunities for mobile operators.
- Monitor, track and evaluate strategies for customer acquisition, spend and loyalty from a product perspective.
- Manage the assigned product requirements process, including elicitation, analysis and specifications.
- Implement more efficient methods for developing product specifications and market strategies.
- Define the needs of the target segment to be delivered via prepaid platforms, and conceive wow services to meet such needs in alignment with MTNN objectives and business plan
- Create product/service requirement documents to facilitate implementation: Define, document and develop products, services, and applications for customers on prepaid platform.
- Include market requirement documents, feature descriptions, and use cases, storyboards and data flow diagrams.
- Negotiate rules with market segments and technical teams, ensuring that the customer needs are met, while optimising platforms and resources in the medium term;
- Drive the creation and execution of cross-functional project plans for product build and release.
- Manage issues and risks in projects, and proactively communicate to project team and management.
- Oversee the design, development and implementation of business and technical processes related to new products.
- Analyze campaign and customer data to provide conclusions, implications and actionable recommendations designed to improve the quality of future relationship and service to customers.
- Develop product quality acceptance criteria, and ensure compliance of all assigned developments
- Review product releases (post-implementation) to ensure that documentation and product functionality are consistent.
- Drive successful launch of product, and participate in key sales situations for the product.
- Refine products continuously to take advantage of untapped revenue opportunities within the Prepaid Segment
- Monitor, analyze and report on relevant competitors, customer and market data using primary or third party research.
- Provide insight on strategic impact of competitive actions and customer and market trends.
- Input to content, positioning, and messaging for relevant customer loyalty & product activities, ensuring that internal and external communications align with, and resonate with the target audience.
- Evaluate viability of identified partnering opportunities for complementary third-party products to broaden company’s product line
- Manage suppliers (directly or indirectly) where required for product delivery.
- Input effectively to system selection and validation.
- Forecast, in conjunction with Marketing Services / Business Intelligence, business implications of new products, services, and applications
- A first degree in any Social Science discipline, Engineering or Computer Science
- 8 years work experience of which:
- 3 years experience in Product Design or Service Creation and Management, preferably within the wireless/mobile industry
- Product Development, Marketing & Project Management experience
- Marketing or Strategy Consulting
- Articulate understanding of systems, networks and mobile telecoms and mobile applications very useful
Application Closing Date
7th November, 2012
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online