Posted on :
4 Apr, 2011
4 Apr, 2011
Job Title: Information Systems Functional Analyst
Ensure that the company’s computer information systems remains functional by solving reported problems as well as driving changes and additions to respond to new or changed business needs.
The company’s computer information systems include our Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, currently “Hansa World”, as well as a number of bespoke database applications developed internally (HR management, Assets management, Sales Reporting…).
Act as a liaison between the ICT department and the business users to understand their business goals and functional needs and then determine how to (functionally) alter the Information Systems to make them more useful or adhere to these needs.
Document Processes, Workflow, Business and Functional Requirements providing the specifications needed by the development team in the context of problem solving or evolutions (change requests).
Assist the development team (Internal and External) to translate the specifications into application functionality.
Resolution of Information Systems problems reported to the Information Systems Unit of the ICT department.
Follow-up of tasks and issues to their conclusion. Ensure up-to-date information is recorded in our Helpdesk database.
This will include, after formal recording of an issue, to determine its impact(s), identify its cause and, depending on the situation, initiate and follow-up any number of actions to rachieve a timely resolution. Some of these actions will be carried over by the Functional Analyst, some to be carried over by other roles in the ICT department in which case the Functional Analyst will also identify responsibilities to carry out the actions:
– Further training to the responsible user(s) (see TRAINING and COMMUNICATION)
– Identify and test corrections to historical data
– Identify change needed to the system configuration (see FUNCTIONAL SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATION)
– Work with the development team to identify and formally describe code corrections required to fix the problem (see FUNCTIONAL ANALYSIS)
– Provide also alternative and workarounds to the user for issues that require a longer time-to-fix.
FUNCTIONAL SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATION
Create and maint up-to-date Information Systems’ user accounts, Roles, Access rights, configuration/settings/parameters, Reference data etc (including using import), ensuring that relevant validation and approval procedures are followed.
Ensure that Systems setup documentation is maintained up-to-date.
Validate any change to the Information Systems (for problem fixing or change requests reasons) and get appropriate sign-off before the change is put in use in the “live” environment.
Design (Senior Functional Analyst) or help design (Junior Functional Analyst) and execute test scripts to ensure that business requirements and functional specifications are appropriately tested. Document the results of the tests for further problem solving (when tests fail) or approval of Systems changes (when all tests are successful).
TRAINING and COMMUNICATION
Train new users on how to perform their roles in their respective departments as it relates to the ICT Information Systems.
Identify changes to the ICT Information Systems which are affecting the work of various groups of users and train these users on the changes.
Develop and update user’s manuals.
Report issues’ progress/status to the ICT Information Systems’ line management and appropriately communicate these to the affected user(s), managing his (their) expectations.
The Senior Functional Analyst will coach, train and supervise the Junior Functional Analyst. Therefore, all above responsibilities common to both roles will be under the primary responsibility of the Senior Functional Analyst who will delegate some of the activities to the Junior Functional Analyst based on skills, capabilities and workload.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or any other related course.
Minimum 4 years experience in a similar job.
• Computer or Information Science with Business orientation
• Functional Analyst techniques
• Detailed knowledge of at least one ERP system
• Strong understanding of Accounting rules
• Standard office computer tools (email, word processor, spreadsheet…)
• Understanding of various development methodologies
Nice to have:
• Business Process Analysis
• Project Management Techniques
• Apple Mac OS X
• One programming language
• UML, BPMN, SQL
Skills & Personal Attributes
• Excellent analytical skills & attention to details
• Ability to abstract reality into models
• Understanding of technological issues
• Good communication skills with ability to simplify
• Team spirit
• Structured writing skills
• Ability to manage priorities and handle stress
• Time Management
• Basic people management
• Assertive drive of mixed groups of people
Method of Application
Click here to apply online